How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

Post by captainsnarf »

It needs a new node layout, preferably no choke nodes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I can change the node layouts.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:58 am
Ok so lets never talk about mega arena blockfort again lol
Told them to be careful what they wished for...
Seriously though, I only joined at the end, was is that bad? That no tweaking would fix... happy to delete it if that's the case.

And I think there needs to be a billboard change on Minus-Mega-Arena
Mega Arena Blockfort is only slightly sillier than Mega Arena MTMU. The Snipertron Mech completely obliterates the Megas. So, PLEASE DO NOT remove the Snipertron. Also, the tunnels/ramps that go up to the very top are too small for the Megas... any way to make those ramps bigger?

I say keep it, I had a lot of fun frustrating everyone with the Snipertron. Now, if I could just figure out how to get him to the very top, his flying ability doesn't last quite long enough to get up there.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

any way to make those ramps bigger?
Maybe. Depends on how the map was built. It can be done, its either going to be easy or a huge pain.
If I can't make them bigger, maybe add another ramp near each core to get up there...

No plans to remove snipertron, I did wonder if I should add a couple of smaller faster vehicles (boards, manta, or the like for node building). Maybe a turtle.

I do need to check the node layouts, so there will be an update.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:52 am ...
Also, the tunnels/ramps that go up to the very top are too small for the Megas... any way to make those ramps bigger?
pooty wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:09 am
any way to make those ramps bigger?
Maybe. Depends on how the map was built. It can be done, its either going to be easy or a huge pain.
If I can't make them bigger, maybe add another ramp near each core to get up there...
What ramps are you referring to? I don't see no stinkin tunnels/ramps that go up to the very top. The ledges at the very top are too narrow for anything, except maybe the center one.

Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Sorry, I'm referring to the original version of LegoFort where you can drive the badgers up to the top. The outer ledge is wider on the original, and there's ramps/tunnels to get up there. They took the easy route and just removed that instead of widening it so the Megas can get up there. I'm saying the map would've been better had they done that instead so you can get Megas (and maybe Snipertron) up there. Why not make the map even more ridiculous?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Enyo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm Sorry, I'm referring to the original version of LegoFort where you can drive the badgers up to the top. The outer ledge is wider on the original, and there's ramps/tunnels to get up there. They took the easy route and just removed that instead of widening it so the Megas can get up there. I'm saying the map would've been better had they done that instead so you can get Megas (and maybe Snipertron) up there. Why not make the map even more ridiculous?
Yes, that's the latest version (V5 on the server). Unfortunately every copy of BlockFort that I have with that crashes the editor upon a save EVERY TIME. No error, just closes the editor windows and doesnt' save. I had two other copies of V4a V4b from the archives and does the same thing. I'll try a few things again, but even rebuilding the map didn't fix it, I don't know why. So I just grabbed the latest one that would save to make the mega version...
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Yes I noticed this Blockfort doesn't have the ramp tunnels that go to the top. I miss that.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its not going to get fixed, at least not anytime soon.

Bottom line is there's something in BlockFort/Mega that conflicts. I've spent an hour or so working on it.. I can get map to save but summoning Mega on it crashes UT with an error (randomizer or not). I even tried extracting out the MegaBadger code (its a freaking mess) and does same thing...

For those interested (snarf maybe), the Mega leverages Badger, MyBadger and Omnitaur, not as seperate packages but as classes used by Megabadger. (Including the Badger and Omnitaur vehicles themselves...yikes holy name collison batman! )So likely there's some conflict when all the stuff is loaded into mylevel, that it doesn't like. I pulled out/fixed the mylevel to standalone references to CSBadgerFix and Omnitaur, in BadgetTaurV2Omni. It compiles but then crashes on summoning on ANY map, so there's some weird property/dependency to make the Mega work right but I can't find it. I'll put it up on GitHub so maybe another set of eyes can find it.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:37 pm Its not going to get fixed, at least not anytime soon.

Bottom line is there's something in BlockFort/Mega that conflicts. I've spent an hour or so working on it.. I can get map to save but summoning Mega on it crashes UT with an error (randomizer or not). I even tried extracting out the MegaBadger code (its a freaking mess) and does same thing...

For those interested (snarf maybe), the Mega leverages Badger, MyBadger and Omnitaur, not as seperate packages but as classes used by Megabadger. (Including the Badger and Omnitaur vehicles themselves...yikes holy name collison batman! )So likely there's some conflict when all the stuff is loaded into mylevel, that it doesn't like. I pulled out/fixed the mylevel to standalone references to CSBadgerFix and Omnitaur, in BadgetTaurV2Omni. It compiles but then crashes on summoning on ANY map, so there's some weird property/dependency to make the Mega work right but I can't find it. I'll put it up on GitHub so maybe another set of eyes can find it.
Maybe this is a different thread, but it'd probably still be cool as a tank-me-up map since the megas don't work.