How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: How to play MEGA-ARENA smarter.

Post by pooty »

FYI, I moved all the dev related posts to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=222&sid=9bad05f4fb3 ... cad43e1a11
pooty

Post by pooty »

And I did use the older Megas on V5 Blockfort, neither the Megas nor the Mech can get up the ramps ;-(
Not sure its worth spending much time on.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Blockfort could maybe benefit from some fob/haze? So can at least cross an alleyway without getting sniped from across the map.

Or if not, make it a 50% megabader 50% firetank map? The firetanks have smoke screens which are a cool (and under utilized weapon) in this server.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I have an updated BlockFort with the newer layout now working. I was thinking it needs some extra vehicles.
I like the FireTank idea, and maybe some surfboards or mantas. I think Shield Mech Might be good too.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 pm Yes, I have an updated BlockFort with the newer layout now working. I was thinking it needs some extra vehicles.
I like the FireTank idea, and maybe some surfboards or mantas. I think Shield Mech Might be good too.
Fire tanks and fire raptors alongside mega badgers? Landing shots with fire vehicles is pretty satisfying.

Unrelated note but do vehicle rollouts always need to be symmetrical? Can one team get one type of vehicle while the other team gets another?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:27 pm ...
Unrelated note but do vehicle rollouts always need to be symmetrical? Can one team get one type of vehicle while the other team gets another?
I like symmetry, it soothes my OCD. Except I hate Symmetrical Dria, it sucks. I got used to the original and now that's the only one I like playing.
pooty

Post by pooty »

They do not. I tried that before on Bionyx with Dragon/Hurricane on one side, Mirage Vulture, Plasma on the other, most didn't like it. I think it would be cool though...especially if the power vehicles were different they just need to be carefully matched.