Thank you Pooty!

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Thank you Pooty!

Post by captainsnarf »

I just wanted to say thank you Pooty for running the server and keeping the game alive! I know it's a chore. It costs money. Thank you for doing the work :)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Thank you Pooty!

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

x2 Yeah man it wasn't long ago we were just floating in open water hoping the old server would last forever
pooty

Post by pooty »

You're welcome.
Its also a team effort, with a group of admins as well as many of our server sponsors (Noted on their profile BTW). We have about 21 months of funding via sponsors on the server...but if anyone feels they'd like to donate: Image I think when it gets down to < 6 months we will do donation drive.

Or better yet if you want to learn mapping/coding let me know. Mapping is a bitch to learn mostly because there's very little docs on it and the editor is quirky.

And thanks to Snarf for some new toys, and Anon for some map tweaks and tips.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I'd definitely be up for mapping but as far as I know it doesn't work on OSX. If anyone knows that's not the case let me know
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did get the editor to run using Parallels, but I didn't do any serious work with it. The editor is quirky enough on Windows, so hard to say if it'd be worse via emulation.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

Wanted to say thanks to Pooty and the other admins for not only keeping this alive but actively working to make it better.
While I have limited game coding skills I do have some other abilities and will always contribute $.
Let me know how I could help.
pooty

Post by pooty »

You're welcome!