Remove the balancer

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Remove the balancer

Post by captainsnarf »

I think the faster OT helps. At least it's over and doesn't drag out.

Hard-to-win maps have been a problem since the beginning. You can get their primary down but can never really bring it up for core points. This was solved back then by, well I hate to say it but by spawn killing. It sucked but at least it was over. We don't do that today so we end up with some dragged out games.

We had some pretty wacky teams tonight. It would be nice if you could change teams, but only if you are winning.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Balances last night were completely whacked...not sure why, but putting Xexx, Leon, SK10, YEAH all on the same team and leaving the other team full of noobs made no sense. But the mulligan seems to help in those situations...at least giving an automated do over.

And I do like the faster drain..it ends the pain quickly rather than ~3 minutes of futility.

And you can spawn kill the shit out of the base IF the enemy primaries are in play...precisely to try to get 2pts.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:02 pm Hard-to-win maps have been a problem since the beginning. You can get their primary down but can never really bring it up for core points. This was solved back then by, well I hate to say it but by spawn killing. It sucked but at least it was over. We don't do that today so we end up with some dragged out games.
Actually, and this was much discussed on the old forum, spamming the core in order to get an enemy primary up is completely acceptable. Otherwise, as you stated, it's near impossible to get some nodes up, especially primaries right near the core. I don't even care if someone is spawn killing the next locked node in order to get a connecting node up. It's when some players (ahem, Xexx) do things like sit on top of the MTMU core repeatedly dragon bombing it when the enemy primaries are still locked. I can already hear the denial forthcoming.

Acceptable vs needless spawn killing is a grey-area/fine line, and one that is at the discretion and subjective determination of an admin.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain