Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 pm Also, just in KJo actually uses a mic.....
yes! It's nice to hear the younger generation playing this game :)
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am
Why would anyone take the regular mino out during MegaBadger Arena?
More health and doesn't get knocked across the map when hit.... meaning you can get hit and your aim doesn't get all turned around.
Oh, you are right. I've never seen the regular mino go flying across the map. That would be hilarious. LOL
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am
Why would anyone take the regular mino out during MegaBadger Arena?
More health and doesn't get knocked across the map when hit.... meaning you can get hit and your aim doesn't get all turned around.
More health? Both have 2000.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Sorry brain cross-wired, Mino shot does more damage....
Still though for me the biggest advantage is you don't get turned around and lose your aim.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:09 am Sorry brain cross-wired, Mino shot does more damage....
Still though for me the biggest advantage is you don't get turned around and lose your aim.
Yes mino does 1450 damage and mega does 1000.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Man, tonight I was blown away at the amount of times I saw people "touch and go" nodes at the start of a match. What's the point of that when there's nowhere to go??
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:19 pm Man, tonight I was blown away at the amount of times I saw people "touch and go" nodes at the start of a match. What's the point of that when there's nowhere to go??
Another one I see while specing that's similar that drives me nutty. They touch the node, but instead of building the node, they heal their own vehicle. LOL
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:27 am Another one I see while specing that's similar that drives me nutty. They touch the node, but instead of building the node, they heal their own vehicle. LOL
Your lack of understanding is maybe why you die so much? :lol:

I do this all the time, especially if I land alone at a node with a powerful flyer that's low in health. Healing it up and THEN the node often allows me to stay alive long enough to take out any incoming enemies and continue healing the node.

I agree with YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH though... I'm tempted to start bitch slapping SolidStool out of his vehicle every time I hear him say, "touch and go at node whatever." That way he has no choice but to stay and charge the node.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

There are a few rare instances where touch and go applies, locked nodes usually that aren't threatened, or ones that time doesn't matter on (the other primary on slated for example).

And yes, agree with Enyo on heal your vehicle if its a good one so you can defend. The node builds itself...lol.

Now the big exception is Minus-Mega (or other Arenas) with fast building nodes --- they build fast WHEN LINKED, if left alone takes same amount of time.

To me the worst (and had much of it last night) is you're there linking, with 2-4 other players who then move off and you get picked off because all your cover/overwatch left you alone. Either link with me or keep the flies off.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:21 pm ...
Now the big exception is Minus-Mega (or other Arenas) with fast building nodes --- they build fast WHEN LINKED, if left alone takes same amount of time.
OMG yes, drives me crazy when I see a touch-and-go on MegaArena. I always say:
1. Use the hover-boards.
2. Build your fuckin nodes all the way.
3. Insta-suicide when you get launched across the map. You don't have time to be flying the Megas.

When I see some ignore these tidbits and we are losing it, I'll rage-quit quicker than GTKY.