Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by pooty »

I remember a match, teams were small on Mega maybe 5v5 or 6v6 and Tater and I completely dominated...and never got into a Mega..we just used Hoverboards and linked, told the rest of the team to go to the core.
leon

Post by leon »

I do same like Enyo even more sometimes if I have very powerful flyer I don't link it at all just defend the node or go to the other because I can do much more with that flyer and help my team. Recently in same situation someone killed me and stole my helicopter. And I agree with McLovin on MEGA you should link the node all the way. But again if I have DD and minigun flyer I don't link node because I can easily kill a couple megas or kill enemy node for 3-4 seconds... And Pooty I spec Tater that match he was great that why I didn't join.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah there are always exceptions. The big offender was someone on Kakmo who flew all the way to the far top corner node (primary 7/10?) and just tapped it without telling anyone. I sat at the next node watching it blink on the map assuming they were linking it for what seemed like forever. Enemy team eventually caught up to me and killed me before I could even start the secondary.

I agree though that there shouldn't really be any hard rules. One I'll regularly break is "attacking an enemy node is the best defense". While I think that is true, in the game there are actually three things you can be doing:

1) Killing an enemy node
2) Linking a team node
3) Commuting to a node.... which is essentially useless when there's a time crunch

So for example if I spawn at an unlocked node and see it's damaged, and the connected enemy node is under attack already, I'll stay and link the team node. Because the enemy node is already under attack, the tug-of-war has already started and by charging up the current node I'm buying my teammates more time. If I leave to go help them the tug-of-war will resolve before I can go help the attack.

If there's time, I'll "top off" locked nodes that look like they might soon become vulnerable. Or if I'm busy, it's easy to request teammates to do it. People who are less aggressive at nodes usually will link a locked node if you ask them to... it's an easy way for them to get points.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm ...
I agree though that there shouldn't really be any hard rules. One I'll regularly break is "attacking an enemy node is the best defense". While I think that is true, in the game there are actually three things you can be doing:

1) Killing an enemy node
2) Linking a team node
3) Commuting to a node.... which is essentially useless when there's a time crunch
I've seen an enemy node that is just barely hanging on. There is an enemy nearby. Instead of shooting the node, I've seen people go after the local enemy near the node instead. Maybe they kill the enemy, maybe not, but many times I'll see that barely-hanging-on enemy node lock. Now it's not available. Why didn't they make the choice to go after the node instead of the enemy? I shake my head all the time at this when specing.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

McLovin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:33 pm
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm ...

1) Killing an enemy node
2) Linking a team node
I've seen an enemy node that is just barely hanging on. There is an enemy nearby. Instead of shooting the node, I've seen people go after the local enemy near the node instead. Maybe they kill the enemy, maybe not, but many times I'll see that barely-hanging-on enemy node lock. Now it's not available. Why didn't they make the choice to go after the node instead of the enemy? I shake my head all the time at this when specing.
I'll usually shoot the node first to get it flashing so they don't get any backup, kill the enemy, then get the node. If the battle is drawn out, I'll shoot the node occasionally to keep it flashing. While linking, position myself so I can see where the enemy is most likely to come from.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

xmas getting ridiculous lol
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:46 pm xmas getting ridiculous lol
Dude was on a mission. Someone will get it eventually.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

What happened on that 2v3 SlatedWorld? Did you guys go double or nothing and fail a hail mary?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Pretty much. We had 7 unlocked and Enyo beat us to it.
I was joking the match had turned into "Fly to 6. Start Node. Get killed by Enyo and his unlimited supply of Falcons"
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:52 am Pretty much. We had 7 unlocked and Enyo beat us to it.
I was joking the match had turned into "Fly to 6. Start Node. Get killed by Enyo and his unlimited supply of Falcons"
Lol, that was a fun match! YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH and I had great teamwork going on the whole time. He actually had his mic on, not sure I've ever even heard him talk before, or it's been a long time. It was awesome, keep using that mic bro! Some of the best teamwork I've experienced in a while. I think that was the key to our win... not to mention our bot sadly outplayed GlassEye after he left.

I think we barely beat you guys on the same hail mary play at the end.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain