Post-Match Banter Here

General Comments, Questions about all things OmnipotentS that don't go in other topics/forums
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Post-Match Banter Here

Post by captainsnarf »

Finally, someone used the UFO portals effectively tonight. Nice one Anonymous!
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:41 pm Finally, someone used the UFO portals effectively tonight. Nice one Anonymous!
Xexx

Post by Xexx »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:41 pm Finally, someone used the UFO portals effectively tonight. Nice one Anonymous!
Can someone comment on the best way to effectively use these? If you have the portal weapon selected, is there any difference in the primary and alt fire modes? Enemies can use them to return to your point of origin right? This could be used as a weapon to teleport enemies to undesirable locations, right?

Is it best practice to put the original portal somewhere easy to access while at the enemy node it should be hard to access? (I hit one that dropped me off the map ceiling and it was a long way down) but it occured to me at least the enemy couldn't access it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

There's no difference between primary and alt fire. One is blue and the other orange but that's the only difference.

Your team and enemies can use the portal. Both portals die when the UFO dies. Both teams can also shoot projectiles through the portal (hitscan doesn't work).

The size of the portal depends on the surface you shoot it at. If the surface is big enough it will expand to its maximum size, which is big enough to drive a tank through. if it's a small surface then the portal will shrink pretty small and might not be big enough to fit through.

Vehicles work best with portals when both sides are vertical. If they are horizontal the problem is most car vehicles get sucked back in by gravity and loop back and forth between the portals, but flyers can go through horizontal portals pretty easy. If you are on foot and want to go through a horizontal portal it's best to jump/double jump in so you have enough momentum to get out the other side.

Anonymous managed to create the portals and then park the UFO somewhere where it didn't die or reset back to its spawn point, so the portals stuck around for a long time.

It was most effective when it is at your locked node and the other side at the next node you are trying to get. This way if you die you can just jump back through and be back at the node again instantly. I had a wtf moment when I had just killed anonymous and literally 2 seconds later he was already back at the node taking it back.
pooty

Post by pooty »

There's no difference between primary and alt fire. One is blue and the other orange but that's the only difference.
But to make the it create the portal you have to switch to seat 2 (press 2)

Fire to make the first portal (which right now goes nowhere)
Alt-Fire to make the second portal (this connects them)

Correct?

Does that mean I can say:
Fire to make a portal at the core.
Alt-Fire to make the exit elsewhere, but then Alt-Fire again to move the exit. (Yes I realize they are two way once constructed)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yes if you press fire or alt fire, it will remake that side of the portal, so you can move the ends around as needed.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

ggs losers
-udick :lol: :D
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:01 am
ggs losers
-udick :lol: :D
Did I type that out loud??? My bad! :P :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Full Server, Full Specs! Fuck yeah!

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yep I felt like I was trying to waltz into my favorite night club and suddenly got denied at the door.

Don't you know who I am??