More flyer maps..

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

More flyer maps..

Post by pooty »

Enyo was requesting more flyer maps, since McLovin got his beloved Mega Areana map...

I have an edit that Lagzilla started on Slated:
Might be a good candidate for more flyer based map....and good one for Predators, Reapers, Ifrits etc.

Thoughts?
McLovin

Re: More flyer maps..

Post by McLovin »

I'm all for more maps. But most can't navigate a 2d map proper, let alone 3d one. Only a few special gifted types do well on those.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:24 am I'm all for more maps. But most can't navigate a 2d map proper, let alone 3d one. Only a few special gifted types do well on those.
Dude, most of the mentally challenged players on this server suck in tanks too, but you still got your boring ass MegaBadger map! Don't give pooty reasons not to make a cool new flyer map. Most of the maps he's been doing lately have been very heavy tank or randomizer varieties. Would just be nice for us ace pilots to have a sold flyer heavy map from time to time. You 2D terrain guys can stick to laser turrets and benders on flyer maps. And don't forget that it's often us air superiority nerds that tilt the balance for a slow team that crawls around in a bunch of tanks.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:21 am I have an edit that Lagzilla started on Slated:
Might be a good candidate for more flyer based map....and good one for Predators, Reapers, Ifrits etc.

Thoughts?
I say go for it, but that node layout looks way too convoluted, as were most of Lagzilla's node configs, think Tyrant Randomizer. Complicated node layouts don't do well with this bunch... best to simplify it some to match the clientele.

Slated is a really good existing flyer map that rarely gets voted though, and even gets poo pooed on by good flyer pilots like Xexx. Not sure why, I really like the map. Let's maybe look at some alternatives before getting too far into redoing Slated. It doesn't have to be a flyer map with no ground, it just needs to be a map widespread enough for lots of good flyers, but not massive, and definitely some anti-air on the ground. Still needs to be balanced, so I'm not advocating for throwing every OP flyer in there either.

I'm just getting tired of all the tank heavy maps we seem to play all the time, its just the way the dumb masses seem to always vote. I'll look through some maps and maybe suggest a few alternatives.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 pm ... boring ass MegaBadger map! ...
I said "I'm all for more maps." Go for it, bring on more maps please. And give Enyo one he can call his own.

BTW: There are no boring ass maps, only boring ass players, LOL
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Maybe utilize that skaarj flyer thing too? That's the only totally different vehicle in this game that never gets played.

Or yeah I'd definitely be down for a raptor-based map. Slated is one of my favorites.... it's pretty unique (unfortunately).
pooty

Post by pooty »

Most of the maps he's been doing lately have been very heavy tank or randomizer varieties.
Still a few, there's a Spiffingrad update (not the TD warfare test one) that's more of a foot map. Not so popular since you can't sit in a tank and snipe or drive..

In the queue is the footbrawl map (see other thread) and an edit of opera house (some vehicles but more foot based), and the newer version of slated...in no particular order -- I kind of work on them when I can and when the inspiration strikes. Lately work has been swamping me (end of our Quarter) so hopefully some progress in the next month or so..
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Can we have a MAS map.

Leviathan
Tiamat
Kraken
Shocker
Pallas
Hostpitaler
Perses
Chimera
pooty

Post by pooty »

I say go for it, but that node layout looks way too convoluted
Agreed. 8 is connected to 1/4 but not 7/9.
Thinking of adding another node at 1/2 and 3/4 islands, they are expanded over the original slated.
I am cleaning up a few things on the map. I want to work on the node layouts first, then vehicles...right now it has mostly every OP flyer (ifrit, omega, predator, falcon etc.).

I think adding in a few anti-flyers.. maybe Troop Carrier at the base..and perhaps the Pallas would be fun here with the artillery. And some scorpions (there's ramps) like the Mantis and Boost Scorps. Even gasp, maybe the Classic Mino--the area around 7,8,9 is fairly large. This would give the tank whores somethign to play with while the flyers take over the map.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:50 pm

I think adding the Pallas would be fun here with the artillery.
Yes!!!!

ty