Pallas 2.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Pallas 2.0

Post by Enyo »

Tater wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 pm Unrelated but what?! You use space as forward movement and not jump? I use wasd for movement, ctrl for crouch, and space for jump... I thought almost everyone did lol.. maybe I'm misunderstanding
Don't judge me! Everyone uses what works best for them, and the way I do things has worked pretty well for a long time. Been using my config so long, changing it now would prob make my brain explode. My key config also puts the #, function and esc keys within quick reach.

My setup is:
Space bar: forward (thumb)
Alt: back (thumb)
E: right strafe (index)
Q: left strafe (ring)
W: jump (middle)
S: crouch (middle)
Tab: talk (pinky)
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:34 pm It's actually not 'space bar' technically. It's hooked up to vehicle brake, which default is space bar. I guess I could change the message? 'Press brake to deploy' ?
There is no input option for "vehicle brake." Isn't braking just the back key? Or the crouch key acts like a power brake... which one is it?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So wouldn't the W for you work to deploy the pallas since its the same as jump -- which is usually space?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:34 pm It's actually not 'space bar' technically. It's hooked up to vehicle brake, which default is space bar. I guess I could change the message? 'Press brake to deploy' ?
There is no input option for "vehicle brake." Isn't braking just the back key? Or the crouch key acts like a power brake... which one is it?
There's a regular brake but I think there's also a handbrake button to skid (I think it's spacebar). Or maybe I'm thinking of GTA... I guess I wouldn't' remember unless i was in-game. It's all muscle memory now.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm
Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
There's a regular brake but I think there's also a handbrake button to skid (I think it's spacebar). Or maybe I'm thinking of GTA... I guess I wouldn't' remember unless i was in-game. It's all muscle memory now.
It's whatever key is configured for jump. In code there is a property 'Rise' which determines if you are going up/down. Wheeled vehicles use this to determine if you are braking.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:58 pm So wouldn't the W for you work to deploy the pallas since its the same as jump -- which is usually space?
I'll try that next time I see a Pallas. Could have sworn I pressed every key I use to try and get it to deploy, but I guess not.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm There's a regular brake but I think there's also a handbrake button to skid (I think it's spacebar). Or maybe I'm thinking of GTA... I guess I wouldn't' remember unless i was in-game. It's all muscle memory now.
Right, snarf said below it's the jump key, I had it backwards and said crouch. Funny how I can't remember that outside the game, but like you said, it's all muscle memory when playing.
― Mark Twain
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Enyo wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:13 pm
pooty wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:58 pm So wouldn't the W for you work to deploy the pallas since its the same as jump -- which is usually space?
I'll try that next time I see a Pallas. Could have sworn I pressed every key I use to try and get it to deploy, but I guess not.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm There's a regular brake but I think there's also a handbrake button to skid (I think it's spacebar). Or maybe I'm thinking of GTA... I guess I wouldn't' remember unless i was in-game. It's all muscle memory now.
Right, snarf said below it's the jump key, I had it backwards and said crouch. Funny how I can't remember that outside the game, but like you said, it's all muscle memory when playing.
Its the jump key that makes it deploy which the default is the space bar.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll work on getting this on the server. However, because of the V2, I'll have to update any maps with Pallas. I'll probably start with MassD, when I get a chance.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

I'm still trying to he find the Batmobile from 1989 / Batman Returns that someone created. I think they based it off the hellbender. I remember seeing it on server a long time ago. I'll post a link if i can find it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSPallasV2.3.zip

Changes
- Reduce artillery range (same as percesMAS)
- Reduce artillery damage by 30%
- Reduce health by 500 to 3000
- increase driving speed