Server Admin: Yes

Pallas 2.0

Post by captainsnarf »

A new version of Pallas is available!

Changes from 1.1 version:

- New package 'CSPallasV2.u'
- New textures, yay I figured out the shader stuff
- Fix for BioTank rolling your screen
- Reduce damage of main cannon's 'pink pew pew' gun.
- Reduce fire rate of pink pew pew
- fix green graphic artifact in the pink pew pew
- add MaxHomingRange to pink pew pew
- restrict turn radius of pink pew pew projectile. this is funny
- add new alt fire weapon to main cannon
- new sounds
- fix bug where artillery ambient sound (distant 'woop') plays when not doing artillery
- Take extra damage from certain weapons, less from others
- Allow Dropship to pick up Pallas

Video here
Download here CSPallasV2.zip
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes

Re: Pallas 2.0

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Keeping it a secret?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:56 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Keeping it a secret?
buffs
---
bio
link shaft
flak

nerfs
----
mantas
raptors
mino

Basically, get in close to hurt Pallas. A full link gun using alt fire will kill a Pallas.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Qny reason why deploying the large cannon isn't alt fire like it is for tiamat, Levi, etc? I think pooty said you made that the space bar instead. If so, can you please change it to alt fire like the rest? I use space bar for something else, have for 10+ years, not changing that now. Otherwise I'll never use the Pallas.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:30 am Qny reason why deploying the large cannon isn't alt fire like it is for tiamat, Levi, etc? I think pooty said you made that the space bar instead. If so, can you please change it to alt fire like the rest? I use space bar for something else, have for 10+ years, not changing that now. Otherwise I'll never use the Pallas.
Unlike every other levi, the large cannon has alt fire to deploy the spma camera. If I made alt fire deploy, how would you fire the spma camera?
pooty

Post by pooty »

A full link gun using alt fire will kill a Pallas.
It should be plenty scared then of a link badger....
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:04 am Unlike every other levi, the large cannon has alt fire to deploy the spma camera. If I made alt fire deploy, how would you fire the spma camera?
Then it needs to be something other than hard coded to the space bar. Isn't there a way you can make "jump" or "crouch" or whatever the key to deploy. Because then whatever key a player has programmed to those movements will work. I have space bar set as my forward movement, I use the left side of the keyboard to play, I always found that more comfortable and fluid for me than using the arrow keys. No way I'm changing that now just to use the Pallas.

And how would I have known the Pallas uses alt fire to shoot the SPMA camera if I can't even get it to deploy? Can you set it to be a general movement like jump rather than a specific key?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Enyo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:51 am
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:04 am Unlike every other levi, the large cannon has alt fire to deploy the spma camera. If I made alt fire deploy, how would you fire the spma camera?
Then it needs to be something other than hard coded to the space bar. Isn't there a way you can make "jump" or "crouch" or whatever the key to deploy. Because then whatever key a player has programmed to those movements will work. I have space bar set as my forward movement, I use the left side of the keyboard to play, I always found that more comfortable and fluid for me than using the arrow keys. No way I'm changing that now just to use the Pallas.

And how would I have known the Pallas uses alt fire to shoot the SPMA camera if I can't even get it to deploy? Can you set it to be a general movement like jump rather than a specific key?
It's actually not 'space bar' technically. It's hooked up to vehicle brake, which default is space bar. I guess I could change the message? 'Press brake to deploy' ?
Tater

Post by Tater »

Enyo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:51 am I have space bar set as my forward movement, I use the left side of the keyboard to play, I always found that more comfortable and fluid for me than using the arrow keys. No way I'm changing that now just to use the Pallas.
Unrelated but what?! You use space as forward movement and not jump? I use wasd for movement, ctrl for crouch, and space for jump... I thought almost everyone did lol.. maybe I'm misunderstanding
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I remember we had a controls thread a few years ago. You'd be surprised how many people have crazy custom inputs.