Guppy

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Guppy

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:49 pm
Enyo wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:46 pm Was changing the boost key the solution to sometimes immediately flying into a wall and exploding as soon as you get in? :lol:
Your complaints were heard. :)
:D
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSBomber_1.3.zip

Changes

- Add entry message 'use translocator to boost'
- change prodigy bomber spank bomb fire rate to match spank badger of 2 sec (was 1 sec)
- change Arbiter health to 200, reduce boost power
pooty

Post by pooty »

On Server
pooty

Post by pooty »

So, am I the only one that feels our "Bomber" line is the most effective fighters? Meaning the primary on the guppy bomber, bio bomber etc... is better at killing other flyers than everything else? Maybe its the old school, bombers are bigger slower and carry a large payload vs. a nimble fighter type.

I mean if I have to kill Enyo in the Falcon, Any of these would be a first choice, then a Phoenix from far away (after of course shooting him from behind with an Avril/Battery)
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

The pheonix lasers feel off to me compared to the guppy as well. Don't forget the Fireblade that thing is underrated.
DrScrotey

Post by DrScrotey »

Pooty, I think you're right on everything except the starbolt. There were I think 3 times last night on volcanohigh I went up against enyo in the starbolt while I was in the guppy and he trashed my guppy super quick. I like the pushing momentum effect on that prodigy though.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The Starbolt Interceptor was mainly designed originally as "Interceptor" so air to air. I added the flare bomb which might have been too much.
And the Bombers have very little weakness and much power: Guppy/Bio load on target is > Direct Dragon bomb, Faster, more maneuverable, and powerful primary lasers. Only thing is relative little health compared to a say a Dragon.

I know some, Enyo, will argue that a Mino is OP so why talk of nerfing some flyers? Mino is not maneuverable, large target, without gunners fairly vulnerable to air attacks. Now consider a guppy, bio, and even the starbolt -- they have tremendous speed, hard to hit because they are maneuverable, can kill most other flyers easily with little skill (spam the lasers), drop a huge secondary that obliterates any node/tank in one go. Even the Omega/Ifrit are really powerful-- pop up, ion a target, drop down behind cover -- can't do that in a tank easily.

Well hell, with that who'd want a Draco, Raptor, Cicada, Wraith, even a dragon (a Guppy or Bio Bomber better than dragon)?

Its all about the balance. That being said there's a whole spectrum of flyers... some weak, some strong. On a randomizer sure weaker flyers don't get top billing -- and that's random for you -- vs. Bomber air combat. But on maps with fewer flyers Nevermore, etc... those Flyers do well.. so its combination of Map, Vehicle and other vehicles to get the right mix. Its why on Kitchensink you always get a Troop Carrier (Armadillo) at 1/2 and Centaur at base -- without some anti-air the flyers would easily overrun other ground vehicles -- most can't shoot straight up..making tanks easy pickins'
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:40 am So, am I the only one that feels our "Bomber" line is the most effective fighters? Meaning the primary on the guppy bomber, bio bomber etc... is better at killing other flyers than everything else? Maybe its the old school, bombers are bigger slower and carry a large payload vs. a nimble fighter type.
The bombers can be deadly with the right pilot, but
I personally am not a huge fan of the bombers, mainly because of how they handle. And they're pretty easy to kill. I much prefer the more nimble flyers like Falcon and Starbolt.

Scrotey, the only thing that kept me alive in the Starbolt against you in the bombers was its speed. You got me down to 3 health in one of our battles.

The Starbolt's weakness is its low health. If you fly into a map's ceiling or a wall the thing explodes almost every time.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

The bomber name is because there was already another Guppy that I forgot about when naming this one. They were supposed to be decent flyers.

The Guppy Bomber movement and handling was copy/pasted from the the Predator helicopter. It's exactly the same, as is the Prodigy bomber (spank bomber). Bio Bomber is a little slower, Arbiter is the slowest and has the weakest handling.

I think the boost in all of the bombers recharges too fast and should be nerfed. I think it's about 3 seconds to recharge. It should be more like 10 seconds so you can't just run away every battle you start to lose.

I know the guppy bomber has been nerfed a few times already. For more nerfing, I think the easiest way without throwing off how they play too much is to just reduce their health.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSBomber_1.4.zip

Changes

- Change boost implementation to hopefully not be choppy online
- fix bug where you could spam boost and keep boosting (oops)
- increase boost recharge time to 8 seconds (was 4)
- reduce health of bomber, bio bomber, and prodigy (spank) bomber by 50
- remove bomber primary fire hit sounds