Guppy

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Tater

Re: Guppy

Post by Tater »

Possible to make bombs not collide with Guppy? If you're going down even at a slow speed the bombs collide with the flier and inflict damage to you... not sure if intentional but it wipes you out quick, makes it difficult to take out nodes especially on massD
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Here ya go.

Download here CSBomber_1.0.6.zip

Changes

- change guppy bomber bomb spawn position
- change bio bomber bomb spawn position
- change prodigy bomber bomb spawn position
- make guppy bomber immune to its own bombs
- make prodigy bomber immune to its own bombs

I couldn't figure out how to make it not collide but still work, so I made it harder to collide by moving where the bombs spawn from and also immune to own bombs in case you do hit yourself.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I uploaded it to the server.
But IMO, its worse now, at least with Biobomber, in first person I can't even see the bombs release let alone hit anything and they still occasionally stick. Even in 3rd person view they come off the tail and make it really hard to aim.

I guess maybe play and see.. but feels like it was better before.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:15 pm I uploaded it to the server.
But IMO, its worse now, at least with Biobomber, in first person I can't even see the bombs release let alone hit anything and they still occasionally stick. Even in 3rd person view they come off the tail and make it really hard to aim.

I guess maybe play and see.. but feels like it was better before.
Please download again. I re-uploaded a new version. The bombs no longer come off the tail.
pooty

Post by pooty »

On Server now.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I still can't seem to hit anything with the bombers still.. maybe it just me?
I so want to fly the BioBomber in MassD and splatter poor Terminator's Tiamat/Kraken to bits... but I can't seem to get the right timing...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I've had better luck flying fast and low with the new bombers than trying to drop bombs from high above. I think it's harder than the dragon due to how much faster the bombers are. You need to lead them more. If you fly lower you don't need to lead them so much.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:10 pm ...
I think it's harder than the dragon due to how much faster the bombers are. You need to lead them more.
It took me a long time to learn how to drop bombs from the dragon accurately. I can it do fairly competently now.

This might go against the "new and different is better" rule, but any chance you would consider matching the bomb drop rates to what the dragon does now?
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:36 am I so want to fly the BioBomber in MassD and splatter poor Terminator's Tiamat/Kraken to bits... but I can't seem to get the right timing...
Why
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:28 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:10 pm ...
I think it's harder than the dragon due to how much faster the bombers are. You need to lead them more.
It took me a long time to learn how to drop bombs from the dragon accurately. I can it do fairly competently now.

This might go against the "new and different is better" rule, but any chance you would consider matching the bomb drop rates to what the dragon does now?
I tried a few different things.

This is how it is:

Code: Select all

BombVelocity = PlaneVelocity * 0.9;
I tried

BombVelocity = PlaneVelocity * 0.5;
also

BombVelocity = PlaneVelocity * 0.2;
but neither made it any easier. I actually can do it OK how it is currently. It was harder for me after I changed it. The lower the multiplier, the more it's like the original Guppy Bomber. With multplier = 0 then it is the same as original Guppy where bombs always drop straight down.

Then I tried adding an aiming target to make it easier. The target would show exactly where the bombs would drop, like spma targeting. I didn't realize until after coding the whole thing that yes, the current target is always directly below you know matter what. If you change direction the new target is still directly below you even though the old target is now moved and at the old direction/location. I could draw a target where each individual bomb is going to hit, but at that point they are already released so it wouldn't really help. Those are previous targets. I might mess with it a bit more but about to give up on it.

I think it just takes practice. To really make it bomb the same as dragon, I'd have to make the guppy move the same as dragon. Heavy, heh.