Ejector Seat

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Ejector Seat

Post by captainsnarf »

I took the 'edoChute' from the AP vehicles and made a powerup out of it 'Ejector Seat'. If you have the powerup and are in a vehicle that is destroyed, you will get ejected and parachute down. While parachuting down, you can press crouch key (c) to discard the chute and fall like normal.

Video here
Download here CSEjectorSeat_1.0.zip
Last edited by captainsnarf on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyo

Re: Ejector Seat

Post by Enyo »

OK, that's pretty freakin' cool! Like Tater, I'm not a huge fan of parachutes in the game, I prefer to shield fall quickly, but being able to auto-survive the vehicle explosion is worth the trade-off of slowly floating to the ground.

If we put this in the game, it should not be super easy to get it, and it should not respawn quickly. Otherwise they guys in flyers will never die.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Now that you said that I realize I left the respawn time at 1 second. Oopsie. I'll fix it and re-upload it when I get home tonight. I think the respawn time can be changed when you add it to the map also.

I wanted to make it so you could press 'E' to close the chute but couldn't figure out a way to do that. I might be able to but would require some hacks.
pooty

Post by pooty »

What if you have it in a ground vehicle..still ejected? And the chute is smart it only deploys if you're falling.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It should work on all vehicles, including turrets.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:04 am I wanted to make it so you could press 'E' to close the chute but couldn't figure out a way to do that. I might be able to but would require some hacks.
Now that would be perfect, being able to choose whether you wanted to float down slowly or drop quickly. Maybe you can just toss it off, like throwing a weapon, instead of making the chute close?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ok, I updated the respawn time to 30 seconds (same as armor, big health, adrenaline). If you downloaded the package already, please download again.

I didn't get it to work with 'E' key, but I did with crouch :) Crouch to discard the chute.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

oops, one more update, if you downloaded pls download again :D the pickup only worked once
pooty

Post by pooty »

Any thoughts for what map this would be good on?
JY? RedPlanet?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hopefully one of the 4 maps the players always pick :D. I think maybe placement will be important. It should be special like udamage.