Fire Vehicles...Fire Tank, Fire Manta, Fire Raptor

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Fire Vehicles...Fire Tank, Fire Manta, Fire Raptor

Post by pooty »

2.6 Changes...

FireTank Fireball Incendiary (FireTank/FireRaptor AltFire) - Adjusted the Damage, It one shots most vehicles (~1000-1200 pts), Mino might take 2 or 3 stationary. This plus the blinding is pretty powerful. This is probably less than it was before the code change but I think that's fine. Still one-shots bios, hurriances etc.

FireTank primary/FlameTank secondary - Fireball Projectile, increased damage, and fixed the code where it too was supposed to set things on fire but did not.. it does make a smaller explosion now, with burning gobs.

Increased Flamethrower (2nd seat Fire Tank/Flame Tank) damage and burning damage. More damage closer you are... up close its pretty devastating..
Slight increase in Firebug damage.
pooty

Post by pooty »

2.9 Changes

Firebug Tank - When it dies it explodes like Draco, doing major damage (500-600pts), this will damage enemies/nodes
Draco - Big Changes here
Faster, Tougher, more agile....
Bigger Death Explosion see above...
Primary Flamethrower - Slightly longer, wider area of effect, more damage (+25%), more knockback (fun with Badgers -- knocks them around, same with flyers)
Primary Alt-Fire - Smoke Bomb, similar to Alt fire on Fire Tank/Raptor, but less damage, and smoke lasts a bit longer -- good for blinding enemies.
Passenger 1: Fireball Incidenary Rockets, same as the primary fire on FireRaptor, this sets things on Fire just like those do
Passenger 2: Improved Napalm Rockets. Each rocket "explodes" with 12 globs of naplam, a full hit does about 150pts, plus napalm globs burn after impact for another ~100. Slow but good against big, slow movers.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did get to use the Firebug on NVM-YEAAHHHHH, and pretty sweet taking out the ion, and hurricane when I died...
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:04 am I did get to use the Firebug on NVM-YEAAHHHHH, and pretty sweet taking out the ion, and hurricane when I died...
The firebug is cool. The jump feels a little out of control, but it probably just takes some getting used to.

The smokescreen on the draco should last much longer, I think. Like 20 or 30 seconds.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The smokescreen on the draco should last much longer, I think. Like 20 or 30 seconds.
Maybe, but then the fire interval would have to be that long, or else you could just fill the map with smoke. Right now, it takes about 6s to fully clear and 5s to fire again, so as it fades you can fire again. So with a bit of effort you can keep someone blinded.... 20s under fire will feel like forever...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Haven't had the opportunity to play with the new Draco, so I can't speak from experience, but 20 to 30 secs for the smoke screen I think would be way too much. Like pooty said, it would feel like an eternity. Even at only 6 secs, if you can get some actual teamwork out of someone in other flyers, you could swoop in as a team on a smoke screen and do a ton of damage in 6 secs, without the enemy even knowing what all is coming at them.

I say let it play as is for a while before making tweaks.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So the Flame Tank and Firebug (possibly Draco) have some lag issues with the emitters on the flames.

I've even seen it locally on my client -- but not always. Sometimes its fine on the server, sometimes not. Something we want to look into, as vehicles with issues can bog the server. Both of those are essentially unchanged from how I found them -- and the flame tank works similar to the bio goo. Probably need to give those two a once over and fix the lag issues.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Made a few updates to improve lag issues/error warnings on these vehicles. Also I think I've fixed charging bar on flame tank.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Still laggy.. sometimes. Can't seem to find out why. And its not even really server related. I've seen it locally where spamming with Flame Tank drops frame rates big time....then other times doesn't...and this all just on my machine. Same with Draco. I wonder if there's some conflict with some other package/class/emitter that does it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Some changes, on the server.

Draco - fixed the issue where the flames don't do anything after firing smoke bomb. This was fun, as the code used to generate that was a bit of a hack (it uses seperate emitters for the effect with invisible projectiles.. and another hack to show them). I cleaned up the code, fixed the bad second hack. Charging bar now works (the aforementioned hacks fubar'd it).
So now if you fire the smoke bomb, there's a 3s delay/recharge before you can fire. This is faster fire than before, 5s. However smoke doesn't last quite as long, but the trade off is you can fire the primary flame quicker. I thought about reducing it further, but then you get pretty much everlasting smoke screens....

Flame Tank/Fire Tank, 2nd seat flamethrower (which works totally different than draco/firebug btw.. and both coded by same person Wormbo). Hopefully it will be a bit more useful as it has longer range now and fires flame puff projectiles. I toyed with making it the same as Draco, but a bit of work involved there..I may eventually do it. Anyway the 2nd seat is really useful against short range slow moving or stationary targets -- it can do a fair amount of damage..

Still no idea why sometimes things lag and others they don't, I still think there's a conflict with some other package (even older versions embedded in the map)