Evergreen TurboK

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Evergreen TurboK

Post by Enyo »

This map got voted last night, then the server crashed and went to 2Fast-2Furious. I forced it to Evergreen, but the map that loaded was NOT Evergreen, it was Tropical something, the really huge map with the giant satellite dish near the core. Core has 2 Falcons and Aurora on top. Thought maybe I forced the wrong map somehow, so I tried forcing Evergreen again, and it loaded the same Tropical whatever map again.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Re: Evergreen TurboK

Post by pooty »

That's correct, your description matches Evergreen. The odd part is the the actual map name/file name is ONS-Evergreen-Turbo)K(-V3 but the name INSIDE the map that displays on the Scoreboard is "Tropical Warfare". So its loading the correct map, just inside the map editor should have changed the name.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I think everyone was thinking it was a totally different map based on the name, including myself. But, we play some maps so seldom it's easy to get them mixed up. The naming mismatch was a bit confusing for everyone though.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe LonesomeGlen? Or MeadowLands? All big and green.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:41 pm Maybe LonesomeGlen? Or MeadowLands? All big and green.
Not sure... I was thinking Evergreen was the one that has the single Short Circuit at the core, which is enclosed in building. When you leave the core, there's a tunnel to the left where you can close the door. There's a cliff/outcropping in the middle with a node on each side of it, those nodes usually end up being where most people fight. One of the side nodes has a link badger that respawns quickly too. I'm sure I was just mentally mixing up Evergreen and the one I described, still can't remember the name of it, been months since I played it.
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Isn't Evergreen the one with all the trees and if you don't know how to disable foliage you're going to have a bad time?
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:53 pm Isn't Evergreen the one with all the trees and if you don't know how to disable foliage you're going to have a bad time?
Yes!

And I was hiding where the trees are and I killed Paracelsus (JoeKamelToe) and he called me a aimbot pussy because I shot him through the trees on his screen. LOL