Gator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Gator

Post by pooty »

I'll try to get it loaded up later this afternoon. It shouldn't require any map edits except on the Randomizer maps (which don't have any water anyway)... I have to manually edit them in Randomizer. Wait, not sure that's true, some of them might already be updated to CSAlligator.Alligator so might be ok there too.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 am I'll try to get it loaded up later this afternoon. It shouldn't require any map edits except on the Randomizer maps (which don't have any water anyway)... I have to manually edit them in Randomizer. Wait, not sure that's true, some of them might already be updated to CSAlligator.Alligator so might be ok there too.
That's another fun idea... have the MTMU randomizer map randomly have water in the canal. Only the Gator could go in it.

Then, if you edit AlienHop to have water, change the Fire Tank to the Gator. We should update some exiting maps that allow cool vehicles like these to use their unique advantages.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

On the server. Works well on DesertedSands... fun part if there's current and you're floating it moves fast!
pooty

Post by pooty »

So, trying to get it work on NiVa and its inconsistent...

https://www.omnipotents.com/utmisc/ONS- ... )o(-V4.ut2

It has one water volume (basically bottom of the map), and its deep but the Gator doesn't seem to work right like it does on Deserted or Nevermore (but the water is much smaller). Can't figure it out.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I tried loading it but it don't work for me. It won't load in the game (click it nothing happens), editor blows up with an error about 'flametankfactory'.

I think I would need your exact package list to load it. It's definitely a downside to not embedding the packages in the map. I can't download the maps anymore and play them. I have to connect to the server then run cache extractor after so I get all the packages too, then I can play them.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, I think the only thing you need is the FireVehiclesV2Omni (the rest of the vehicle updates are yours).
http://www.omnipotents.com/omni-ut2004- ... Omni.u.uz2
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I couldn't open NivaValleyV4, but I could V3! I think this might be the problem:

FluidFriction should be 2.4
Gravity Z should be -950
pooty

Post by pooty »

Hmm. I'll double check it...I wonder if there's another volume in there...
As I updated those, to the values you posted. (did it enough times I remember the Gravity specifically (I think there's joke in there), was odd that it was 100 instead of -950
Ground Friction was 8.0 too (at least compared to NVM)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 am Hmm. I'll double check it...I wonder if there's another volume in there...
As I updated those, to the values you posted. (did it enough times I remember the Gravity specifically (I think there's joke in there), was odd that it was 100 instead of -950
Ground Friction was 8.0 too (at least compared to NVM)
I think the problem is mostly the gravity setting. The other values won't matter too much, but gravity being non-negative seems like it's going to break some logic somewhere.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I updated Niva-V4 its on the server.
Gator swimming has its quirks but lets play with it and see.