Gator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Gator

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I know this is low priority but I found a weird gator glitch (or feature?) tonight:

I went underwater on Nevermore, and when i surfaced and drove out the water (up the stairs) the tank rocketed forward enough to hit the next building. Or was this built in as some kind of gator pounce thing? It was weird to have a tank suddenly accelerate like an EONS scorp.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Gator

Post by captainsnarf »

It's a known glitch. I saw it too when making it. When you go in the water there is added buoyancy which is extra upward force. When you leave the water it should be removed but it seems like it doesn't always happen, like a rounding error or something.

It's nothing I'm really doing as far as I know. Buoyancy is value you set, like damage or health. It can be between 0 and 1. I found if it's anything other than 0 when leaving the water sometimes that happens. During testing I had it so you can change buoyancy to between 0 and 2 - you'd immediately go flying across the map anything higher than 1 :D. I can try clamping the max to e.g. 0.999 to try and fix it but I don't think that will help. It seems like any buoyancy makes it happen.