DowntownXL

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Tater

Re: DowntownXL

Post by Tater »

Tater wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm
Enyo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:12 pm Also, Tater brought this up and I kind of agree with him but it seems to have too many mantas, the ceiling is so low for them anyway. Maybe just more hellbenders and tanks, or nothing? Maybe it doesn't need to be packed with vehicles either.
I hope that's not a suggestion taken seriously for this map, it's way too big to be reducing vehicles on it. Remove the mantas and other fast moving vehicles and watch this map clear the server next time it's voted.
The map isn't that large, and I died to Leon and others in a manta more times than I saw other players.
You're more likely thinking of Abandoned City, it has the same feel as Downtown but is significantly bigger, we played it a few days ago.
Snarf was saying on downtown they replaced all bikes with mantas, and when many of the lockers didn't have avrils it became very frustrating lol.
It seemed like way too many vehicles packed into a tight space, and the fire hellhound 2nd seat is pretty op on that map, couldn't imagine how devastating it would be with a driver and gunner.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

I said that but I'm not sure if *all* bikes were replaced with mantas specifically, but there where quite a lot of mantas for sure :)

I think the more it's played the more people will like it.

It's still pretty big imo. I wouldn't mind a Downtown SM or M version. After the match I went playing UT3 War-Downtown to refresh my memory. Yeah, it's much smaller. There is one tank at a special node, much less vehicle focused and more DM.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

No not all bikes were replaced with Mantas. I don't think I added any mantas from the BattleBike version. Its more of a ground map. For some reason I think there's like 3 mantas a side?
t seemed like way too many vehicles packed into a tight space, and the king hellhound 2nd seat is pretty op on that map, couldn't imagine how devastating it would be with a driver and gunner.
Yep. Same with Odin, main gun isn't much but deadly on the straight streets. Imagine two Odin linkers linking the heavy tank rolling forward (ouch).

From a play standpoint, mantas are great to get a node, tanks/trucks to hold it.

I did add the side alley nodes, because before the node link was one path, choke pointed in the middle.. if you lost it you were screwed. Here, three paths (one with cut off) to core...