Suspense2k4

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Suspense2k4

Post by pooty »

So I need to update a few vehicles on this map to the latest versions (fire tank, firebug ). So I was thinking about a couple of changes:
1. Increase the visibility of the jump pad at the top of the ramp that goes to 3/4 so that more can find it.
1a. Add Rocket Launchers/Bio Gun to Core WL, these are useful to jump up fully primed.
2. Thinking about playing with the node layout so that 3/4 has a cut off node, right now 3/4 connect to 6/7 to core, and with those up high they can be difficult to retake, as they are slow to get to. I was thinking there's the node to the back of the core which right now connects to nothing (but the core), but maybe connect it to 3/4 so when you get 3/4 your team has to kill two nodes to lock.
3. Maybe move the Hornet as a core vehicle (Hornet is the flying Manta with minigun), which would help take/defend 3/4; or add another raptor.. the raptor might be better its easier to kill than the smaller nimble hornet.
you can do splash damage to 3/4 with the fire tank, if you pull it back on the road.
4. Add another core tank that can with right position can do splash damage to 3/4 I don't think the GII that's there can do that. But not sure what tank that would be.

Thoughts? I don't want to change it too much, you get some fun DM style play up top, but right now that portion of the map dominates...and you can basically ignore most of the rest of the map
captainsnarf

Re: Suspense2k4

Post by captainsnarf »

Some ideas, not necessarily all at the same time :)
1. connect 8 to 9, maybe remove node 5. Make the low path more attractive.
2. connect 12 to 3 and 13 to 4. Makes it harder to lock 3 and 4.
3. connect 12 to 9 and 13 to 8. This would make the paths more obvious.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Also, maybe get rid of the elevators and put in regular teleporters in their place.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Changed Node Layout connected 1/2 to 3/4 so top tower node connects to two primaries. You can still build 6/7 core, but it leaves 3/4 unlocked becuase of the 1/2 link.

Paths to Core

Node 5 is confusing, and I tried to move it bit so the paths wouldn't cross but they do...its not that hard to figure once you played.

Added 2 jumppads each side, one at core, one at 12/12 up to suspension cables. So now there's four paths to tower node (lift, jumppads behind 6/7 up to roof, and suspension cable jumppads). You could always run up the cables, but takes too long.

Vehicle changes, added 1 more raptor at core. Changed Fire Truck, to Heavy Bender (Assault Bender), Changed GoliathII at 1/2 to Ballista (this can take out the nodes as well as kill enemy infantry up at 3/4). Updated Fire Tank/Fire Bug to latest. Replaced Hyena at 12/13 with Firefly (which can go up the cables). Removed the Mirage Manta at 3/4. (Mantas up there are pretty deadly to infantry).