MTMU maps problem

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

MTMU maps problem

Post by McLovin »

It's been mentioned before, but there is a long standing known problem with the floors in the trenches of all the MTMU maps.

1. Most obvious problem. Park a hover board in the mud near the middle node and it will sink and become irretrievable. I always park my hover board on the rocks and it doesn't sink there. Saw somebody just recently that didn't know this and they lost their hover board. This happens anywhere in the trenches where it is obvious that the floor is smooth (what I call the mud) and the colored parts (what I call the rocks).

2. Drive a regular badger off the edge into the trench and it will fall straight through the map. Doesn't always happen, but enough to notice.

I don't know the UT mapping terminology, is this called the mesh? Maybe that mesh needs to be more detailed and smaller so badgers and hover boards can't fall through it so easy. It doesn't happen so much if you go into the trench flat and level, it's when you go in from a dive, so your vehicle is angled nose down.

Tater

Re: MTMU maps problem

Post by Tater »

The hurricanes will almost always insta explode if driven off into the trench too

Sometimes you can get the hoverboard back if you shoot a few shock balls at it
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think the 'rocks' is the 'terrain', the 'mud' part is a mesh that represents the floor of the canal.

The 'mud' mesh probably has collision turned on. Sometimes mesh collision isn't enough and you also need blocking volumes. Mesh collision is only skin deep. There is one check if you collide and if it fails you didn't collide. Blocking volumes continuously check.
pooty

Post by pooty »

It's been mentioned before, but there is a long standing known problem with the floors in the trenches of all the MTMU maps.
Its not all MTMU maps. I've fixed it on one, can't remember which one though. And the basis for Kamek and pOOtylicious versions are different than the Randomizer and other versions.

There was also the exploding hurricane, but I think that's fixed as well.

Which specific map is it? I can go in and fix it.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:47 am ...
Which specific map is it? I can go in and fix it.
Absolutely for-sure on MegaBadgers. MegaB doesn't have hover boards, so the other one must of been Kamek.