CSMech

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: CSMech 1.0

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Enyo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 am I just had a dreadful thought... a Mino Mech
Yeah that's what i'm sayin... we need a giant mino now that the mech can hop into and drive around. It has a million HP and instead of damage output it just IP bans its victims from the server on impact.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

In seriousness though, I'm really curious how they do in an actual map. I'm guessing they'll need a pretty good HP buff. Since they're so tall, they have zero stealth and I predict everyone and everything in sight will be shooting at you. I don't think 2,000 will be enough with two or three vehicles attacking you (not to mention any enemy infantry in sight will be taking pot shots at you). Plus, I think these should be able to survive a couple of mino hits.
pooty

Post by pooty »

You can get an idea how they play, as Mechs are in the mix on AJY-Randomizer. They seemed to play pretty well. Yes they are a target, but say if you don't kill Linkatron quickly--it builds nodes as fast (faster?) than a link badger.

I surprised dognuts in the Mino with Shockatron -- two combos killed the mino....

Not sure I agree that they should survive a couple of mino hits (3200 pts)...they'd be so hard to kill with traditional/most vehicles. I guess you could argue they fit between Mino (top of the line tank type) and MAS (Levi/Tiamat/Pallas/Perseus/Kraken) those have 5000-10000 hp.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

When trying to balance these, I always think of mino as max vehicle. It shouldn't be more powerful than mino, whatever vehicle I make. Pallas e.g. can already dominate certain maps which limits when to use it as a mapper.

I started with Rocketron. Rocketron stats are very similar to classic mino. I tried to balance the other mechs against rocketron. Range is a big factor so balance is always situational. Linkatron vs Shockatron really depends on the situation and player, just like regular linkgun vs shock rifle battle.
pooty

Post by pooty »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 pm I've played Dria with the bots a bit. There are a couple arches that they don't fit in. Unfortunately the path nodes go under it so the bots all get stuck trying to go through the arches. It's only a problem with bots though. Also on Dria the mechs won't fit in the spawn points with cover like at node 5 in the middle.
Dria Randomizer has some changes from Dria at the cores (no arches) as the MAS won't fit in the arches that were on one side, so the Mech should have no issues leaving the core.. I tried a mech inside the building. It will get stuck, but was able to crouch and move out. I'll added them to it tomorrow and see how it works. If there's any spawn points that are really bad I can exclude them from spawning there..(its a pain though, as you have add each vehicle to each spawn point you want them excluded).

By the way I love SniperTron, and the flames from the JetPack is a nice touch.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Thanks for the kind words! Getting those flames attached and lined up properly was surprisingly difficult, much harder than making the mech actually fly lol.

I got to play on Dria randomizer tonight. Flakatron spawned at 8/3. I destroyed lots of good players in good vehicles with this thing. It definitely does not need more health :) The mechs are still a bit OP imo.
pooty

Post by pooty »

captainsnarf wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:17 am Flakatron spawned at 8/3. I destroyed lots of good players in good vehicles with this thing. It definitely does not need more health :) The mechs are still a bit OP imo.
I gave them point values similar to Kraken in the randomizer... so more than even a mino, so they are considered "super" vehicles. I think it will take some time to get used to them. Right now I bet some players don't realize the threat. Mechs are relatively slow, clumsy and large targets (like MAS), and 2-3 players should bring them down -- in the case of Flakatron best done from a distance. And a mino makes quick work of them.
Do they have any vulnerabilities? Eg. like taking 5x from goo or similar?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Nope, no specific vulnerabilities. They can all be headshot for 2x damage, so there's that. Requires a headshot weapon though like lightning gun or sniper rifle (or snipetron's mega lightning gun).
Enyo

Re: General Map Announcement Thread

Post by Enyo »

We played Dria Rando last night. A Flakatron showed up at core first round. It's great at taking nodes out at a distance with alt fire grenades, and it was surprisingly effective against flyers that got just bit too close. Took out the mino a couple times with it too.

The next round a Rocketron spawned at core. That thing is very effective against everything but flyers. Took out the mino 3 times with it (2 triple rocket hits does the trick), and contrary to Pooty's assumptions, the mechs are actually pretty hard to hit with tank shells, all I had to do was keep double jumping around and they couldn't hit me.

I'd say overall the mechs play very well with other vehicles. Some, mainly Azazel, complained they're too OP. Their damage and health could maybe be reduced just a little, but too much and they'll become ineffective.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Re: General Map Announcement Thread

Post by pooty »

Enyo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 am The next round a Rocketron spawned at core. That thing is very effective against everything but flyers. Took out the mino 3 times with it (2 triple rocket hits does the trick), and contrary to Pooty's assumptions, the mechs are actually pretty hard to hit with tank shells, all I had to do was keep double jumping around and they couldn't hit me.

I'd say overall the mechs play very well with other vehicles. Some, mainly Azazel, complained they're too OP. Their damage and health could maybe be reduced just a little, but too much and they'll become ineffective.
The Rocketron triple rocket needs more delay IMO. Two triple rockets pretty much kill anything.
And question for Snarf, I think the different bots have different movement attributes...for example, sniper tron can jump/fly higher than the others... So maybe the ones with longer distance (Shock,Rocket) shouldn't move as much?