Maps are too big

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Maps are too big

Post by Enyo »

TotalBurn wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:52 am Thanks! Im gonna check them out. I dont mind the ping issue. I love the idea of more DM style play. Even though I am not good at it, I love the action.
Yeah, it's a fun and very different server from OMNI, the action is often fast paced and constant. And they usually have quite a few players on during their peak times. Sometimes you'll see as many OMNI players on there as you do their own locals... I think there's a lot of OMNI players that would like to play on our server earlier than 9PM too, but nobody ever wants to be the first one on.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:01 am ...
I think there's a lot of OMNI players that would like to play on our server earlier than 9PM too, but nobody ever wants to be the first one on.
I'm on every day at 1630 PM MST.
Provert

Post by Provert »

MIA is fun, too. They have their weapons set to full throttle...lol
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

ONS-FaceClassic

Just kidding that'd be awful
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think there's a lot of OMNI players that would like to play on our server earlier than 9PM too, but nobody ever wants to be the first one on.
Agreed. I often see 6+ Omni Players on CEONSS. I like the CEONSS server and they have some good custom maps, but they aren't vehicle heavy. And the DM is tough with the ping -- I usually can't do much deathmatching...
ONS-FaceClassic
lol. I like that map. I don't think it plays well since you just fight over the center until game over. Maybe there's a way to tweak it?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

pooty wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:24 am
Agreed. I often see 6+ Omni Players on CEONSS. I like the CEONSS server and they have some good custom maps, but they aren't vehicle heavy. And the DM is tough with the ping -- I usually can't do much deathmatching...
ONS-FaceClassic
lol. I like that map. I don't think it plays well since you just fight over the center until game over. Maybe there's a way to tweak it?
I think the average Omni player would hate trying to run over that gradual hill. But maybe this would work if the cores were shrunk and placed inside the towers and no nodes to connect them? Or make use of the space behind the tower?
Tater

Post by Tater »

Provert wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 pm MIA is fun, too. They have their weapons set to full throttle...lol
I couldn't get into mia, absolute chaos lol. It felt like there was no skill, just spamming the shock and link with that one berserk mutator.
Not a fan of berserk, it's entirely different gameplay.
I wish I had better ping on CEONS too, tried to play it but I almost couldn't hit anything... which is terrible since I mainly use shock.

OMNI used to fill in around ~7:30 with the mtmu crew but after switching to 2.0 it seems that time has been pushed further and further back.

I'm down for some FaceClassic... it's a classic after all. I don't think it worked well with ONS, there is a node layout there somewhere though I have an old one from RMD.
It'd be fun to somehow have a map specific mutator where we could play CTF just for that map... cough cough
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Tater wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:29 am
Provert wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:25 pm MIA is fun, too. They have their weapons set to full throttle...lol
I couldn't get into mia, absolute chaos lol. It felt like there was no skill, just spamming the shock and link with that one berserk mutator.
Not a fan of berserk, it's entirely different gameplay.
I wish I had better ping on CEONS too, tried to play it but I almost couldn't hit anything... which is terrible since I mainly use shock.

OMNI used to fill in around ~7:30 with the mtmu crew but after switching to 2.0 it seems that time has been pushed further and further back.

I'm down for some FaceClassic... it's a classic after all. I don't think it worked well with ONS, there is a node layout there somewhere though I have an old one from RMD.
It'd be fun to somehow have a map specific mutator where we could play CTF just for that map... cough cough
There is a game style tab on the map vote menu. I think that’d be a whole can of worms but I’d be down with options for CTF or AS
pooty

Post by pooty »

Arcis and Dinora versions on the server.