ONS-Pistola

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONS-Pistola

Post by captainsnarf »

I started working on an ONS conversion for CTF-Pistola.

The editor certainly is a can of worms. Does anybody know why the radar map is offset or how to change it?
pooty

Re: ONS-Pistola

Post by pooty »

Hmmm. There was a setting in the radar map for scaling it. I wonder if the scale is off? I remember doing that on one map.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I found the scale setting. It didn't help to center it though. I had to 'select all' then move everything to get it to center :(

It's working now though. I need to fix the player starts and a few other things but this is pretty much done. Just a quick conversion.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Here it is - ONS-Pistola.zip

It's a really small, DM style map. This was originally a CTF map. I have no idea if it will be fun as an Onslaught map. It might be too small? I threw in a couple hell benders anyway. It might be fun when there's not many people on.

There is one weird glitchy floor in the red base that you can get hung up on. I tried fixing it but not sure how to do it so I just left it. You can jump around it.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Im gonna start testing this afternoon, playing both sides.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Hey if we make dedicated small maps can we label them as so? Maybe with just (small) or something like that at the end of the name? I like the idea of having these but not having them accidentally voted on a full server. Or at least people will know what they’re getting into.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:19 pmThere is one weird glitchy floor in the red base that you can get hung up on. I tried fixing it but not sure how to do it so I just left it. You can jump around it.
I havent come across it yet.

So far this map plays smooth and has good flow. Didnt take long to realize you needed the jump boots to get the super shock. Bots sometimes get stuck in the terrain with the boots. But I dont think there is anything you can do about that. Very rare. Bot pathing is good for offline play. So far everything is working as expected. I love the dodge+jump ramps.

For a 4 node map with two routes to core I think there is allot of action and promotes teamwork for nodes 3 & 4. At the core between two weapon lockers you have everything you need.

I'll continue playing and testing. So far so good. Quickly becoming a fav. Excellent work!
Tater

Post by Tater »

The only things that stick out to me are with the jumpboots you can reach some decently high areas (grass hills especially); pair that with the SSR + health vials and shield and you have a very annoying camper, especially if they have good aim.
I also haven't come across the weird floor either.

I didn't notice any particular evenness issues with nodes / weapon lockers (the ammo is a bit on the low side, I don't know how good or bad that'll be for a very small map).

Overall it looks like a fun little map, nice edit Snarf.
TotalBurn

Re: Map Testers wanted....

Post by TotalBurn »

Think I got one... At node 4 there seems to be an invisible wall/blocker. When standing north of the node facing south, I am unable to charge the node. The link is blocked by something invisible. Also I tried flak and it bounces off what ever it is. Here are two screen shots so you can see the position. Also sometimes I will see a bot crouched in this very spot idle.

I cant reproduce this problem at Node 3. That one is ok.
Standard view
Node 4.jpg
Node 4.jpg (248.7 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
Behind view
Node 4-2.jpg
Node 4-2.jpg (236.63 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
EDIT: Also I am unable to walk forward. When I do my avatar moves to one side or the other. As if there were a round pilar.
captainsnarf

Re: Map Testers wanted....

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm guessing it didn't load due to the jump boots dependency? Everything else in the map is stock (ssr is stock right?)

How do I 'embed' them in the map? When I added the jump boots, I just copy/pasted it from MTMU.