Link Flyer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Link Flyer

Post by pooty »

Starting a thread on the Link Flyer. (vs. continuing it in the intro section)
I put a test map ONS-Torlan-LinkFlyer-Tester-V1 on the server. It seems to work pretty well..
We can play with it a bit and see. I may try it out in a map edit as well.
McLovin

Re: Link Flyer

Post by McLovin »

This could be the most power/important asset on any map ever. I'm astounded that some don't understand the value of the link-badger. A link-flyer would be more valuable. Place the link-flyer on MegaArena, cause the haters gonna hate, LOL
leon

Post by leon »

I tried link flyer. It links nodes too slow, like on foot, not fast like link badger.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

leon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:00 pm I tried link flyer. It links nodes too slow, like on foot, not fast like link badger.
I looked into it. It looks like they are identical, except LinkBadger has an additional multiply * 1.5. Yep, link badger links faster.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not sure we should make the link flyer link at the same rate as the badger. The link Badger is pretty powerful (esp at 1000 health which is too much IMO). The Link Flyer has the advantage of flying.... The second seats on the Wraith and Odin also link faster than the link gun, but they are second seat driven... even though the Wraith flies you have to go second seat alt-fire. Whereas, the Link Flyer can move (run away) while linking. Maybe up the link rate to something like 1.2, so its a little better than link gun on foot, but not too powerful?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

leon still murdered me just fine in it the way it is :cry: 8-)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

pooty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:07 am Not sure we should make the link flyer link at the same rate as the badger. The link Badger is pretty powerful (esp at 1000 health which is too much IMO). The Link Flyer has the advantage of flying.... The second seats on the Wraith and Odin also link faster than the link gun, but they are second seat driven... even though the Wraith flies you have to go second seat alt-fire. Whereas, the Link Flyer can move (run away) while linking. Maybe up the link rate to something like 1.2, so its a little better than link gun on foot, but not too powerful?
It could even be the same as the link gun. With it you’re basically a flying linker with infinite ammo…. Which are pretty awesome advantages
leon

Post by leon »

One thing. Not sure (it was a couple days ago) but I noticed that when you take link flyer from base it looks like 80% health. Can you check it please.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

leon wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 pm One thing. Not sure (it was a couple days ago) but I noticed that when you take link flyer from base it looks like 80% health. Can you check it please.
I checked the code. That's a feature 8-)

Code: Select all

Health=300.0
HealthMax=450.0
You can steal health from other vehicles to get more health than you start with.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Yeah, i made it lower on purpose due to its vampire ability. I could up it's link power as mentioned, was waiting to hear feed back, if too powerful or not, etc. It can pair with the link badger or vv and make either more powerful, just opens some more unique ways to play and offer more support. I did test linking a vehicle while being normally attacked, it keeps it up fairly well, maybe too well?
Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to using it on a map in regular game.