Link Flyer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Link Flyer

Post by captainsnarf »

McLovin wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:03 pm FFS, I kinda hate all the weird names myself. For example, I never say Arbalest, it's the "Deemer tank" or "Missile tank", no confusion for me or anyone there. An Aegis is a "Shield tank". But if you must name it something that is not obvious, pa-lease put the name "Link" in there somewhere. I'll call it the "Link Flyer" and everybody will know exactly what I'm talking about.
Those are smurf names. They are named for what they are like brainy and handy, not who they are like einstein or edison. I think if you had an Einstein on your team you would know he was the brainy one.

We don't call the mino the supertank, but we used to. Too many supertanks these days, and too many shield tanks too. If you say there is a shield tank on 7 and I think it's a palladin and it's actually a turtle I'm gonna have a bad time.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I personally like the look, I wouldn't change it.
As for the name, I bet we are stuck with it now. Other possible names Stirge/Strix, Mosquito, Chupacabra, Succubus...

And sometimes the names are unwieldly as McLovin said, and some don't really match (Troop Carrier, while it has many passengers is really IMO, an anti air vehicle).

But whatever you do, don't confuse the Leviathan, Tiamat, Kraken, Perses, Chimera, Hospitaler mobile assault stations, or Termi will come after you.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

I currently have it set to the "Chupacabra", description matched well. Changed the wing color, and removed some of the pinkish stuff, added "combiners". Ready to send new files, was just wondering, do i have to rename the classes, or is ok as is? The only code i changed are the strings, and skins to combiners.
Attachments
Cap3.jpg
Cap3.jpg (114.1 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
Cap2.jpg
Cap2.jpg (144.6 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
Cap1.jpg
Cap1.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
pooty

Post by pooty »

You can leave the classes alone, from a mapping point of view we know it as ONSLinkFlyer which is fine...
Just updated the ONSLinkFlyer.u and we are good.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ItsMeAgain wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:33 am I currently have it set to the "Chupacabra", description matched well.
Is that what we're calling it? From wikipedia...
Chupacabras can be literally translated as 'goat-sucker', from chupar ('to suck') and cabras ('goats')
That settles it, I'm calling it the Goat-sucker Flyer. Almost sounds like a GTKU insult, "do the minimum you goat-suckers!"
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Ok here is the latest with all the mentioned changes above in thread. Color of wings to mimic link tank. Got rid of eye burning colors. Used combiner to match link vehicles and gun itself.

LinkFlyer3(GoatSucker)

ima
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

ItsMeAgain wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:31 pm Ok here is the latest with all the mentioned changes above in thread. Color of wings to mimic link tank. Got rid of eye burning colors. Used combiner to match link vehicles and gun itself.

LinkFlyer3(GoatSucker)

ima
This is the Greatest of All Time link vehicles. GOAT Sucker is the perfect name!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So some discussion that this was too OP.
Some have suggested to remove the "Vampire" capability.

IMO, I think we should reduce the amount of damage or healing just a bit. The ability to fly quickly and fast link nodes is pretty powerful. Not sure what the healing/drain rates are but maybe just reducing them a bit?

Have we changed the speed/manuverabilty? Or is it the same as a Raptor?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:48 am So some discussion that this was too OP.
Some have suggested to remove the "Vampire" capability.

IMO, I think we should reduce the amount of damage or healing just a bit. The ability to fly quickly and fast link nodes is pretty powerful. Not sure what the healing/drain rates are but maybe just reducing them a bit?

Have we changed the speed/manuverabilty? Or is it the same as a Raptor?
Last night I had the GOAT Sucker (I refuse to call it anything else) for nearly an entire round of Nevermore without dying. So, yeah, I'd say it's a bit OP. I think the vampire ability is fine, maybe it should gain health back more slowly, but overall health should be no more than 300 like other Raptor-style flyers. This thing is pretty hard to kill as it is. It also probably does a little bit too much damage with the alt fire beam, seems to take out tanks in no time.

As for maneuverability, it's definitely a little more nimble than a Raptor, and I think it should be. I wouldn't nerf the health, the link damage AND the maneuverability too. If you nerf the other two, it needs some good handling as it's primarily a close range vehicle.
― Mark Twain