Link Flyer

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
leon

Re: Link Flyer

Post by leon »

Don't do it with link flyer and guppy too. Give them to regular players and you'll never say they OP. We have a lot of powerful ground vehicles but not flyers. We need balance between tanks and flyers if not people will take good tank and nobody will go to build nodes. Even I start doing it on some maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

leon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:06 pm Don't do it with link flyer and guppy too. Give them to regular players and you'll never say they OP. We have a lot of powerful ground vehicles but not flyers. We need balance between tanks and flyers if not people will take good tank and nobody will go to build nodes. Even I start doing it on some maps.
This is true, one of the biggest sources of OP complaints is a skilled player in a good vehicle (flyer like Falcon, GoatSucker, Aurora, Ifrit, Predator, tank like Mino, Bio, or Levi/Kraken etc.). Put a player in those that wastes the vehicle eg. charges in with GoatSucker on NVM-YEAAH -- and you kind of screw your team. Suicide run your mino on Dria -- screw your team etc. Even after all this time playing we still see people do dumb stuff with the power vehicles.

Most of the time on maps, I try to balance things out, lots of good flyer need a counter with good anti-air: Twin Beams, Centaur, Batteries etc. Too many times people complain that this or that is OP, when they aren't even using the right vehicle to counter. I mean the TroopCarrier/Armadillo Tank especially with 2 people will easily kill any flyer we have...

From a vehicle perspective each vehicle should have relative strengths and weakness, even the big stuff.. For example Mechs take lots of extra damage from Lighting Gun (and LG with Double Damage kills them pretty darn quick..and usually the mech can't see you). Mino not very manuverable, and takes 5x from bio goo, etc.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

After reading the LinkVehicles thread, i see that the link flyer is to OP. I have not had a chance to play for sometime, will start back soon. Been a crazy break.
See if i get this right :
  • Reduce self vampire heal to "1 heal per 10 damage"
  • Maybe make slower, seems lower speed would help evade some of these issues?
  • Reduce damage a bit but not the charging of vehicles and nodes
  • Maybe reduce health to max of 300 and start off with 200 ? or just make even 250 max and initial?
I also don't have a problem digging into the changing some textures of some vehicles. Just list out From and To what.
leon

Post by leon »

It depends... Try it first. Start with Mass distraction. If you play with people like Enyo you will die every time.
On Nevermore that flyer a little pain but not too overpower. On Dria and JY it's 50/50.
I would start reducing the power of ground vehicles.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I still think you should remove vampire heal. If you reduce it to the point it doesn't matter then you might as well remove it completely. if it does matter, it will just be OP again. It might work if you make it so you have to be stationary to get healing? I dunno, that seems weird from the driver seat. I'd just remove it. The fact that we are playing ONS and it heals nodes already makes it really strong and unique.

Max health shouldn't be more than 400. It shouldn't take more than two avrils to kill it. If it has more than 400 health, it should take extra damage from avrils.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I'm loving this vampire capability. Does it suck health from ground personnel on foot as well, or only when they are in a vehicle? Does it suck health from nodes?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Anytime it does damage it heals itself up to max health. So yes, it takes from infantry, vehicles, nodes, and vulnerable cores...

I think this, max health of 350. It with self healing, it shouldn't be tougher than a raptor. For the most part most flyers are in the 200-450 range, only exceptions Dragon (slow mover) and MirageVulture/Warhawk (pretty much same vehicle) that are quite OP. The LinkFlyer is also I think more manuverable than the Raptor....

It does depend on the map though, on the randomizers/wide open maps its not as potent as on Nevermore-YEAAHHH and Shyron where it can run and hide.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

How's this? 1/10 self heal, left in vampire due to nick name sucker, never know, might want to charge on some locked vehicles somewhere ;)

Nerfed the speed a bit and the vehicle damage. Trying to dial back slowly, still haven't seen in action myself :)

Code: Select all

diff -r 492cec431c37 ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/LinkFlyerWeapon.uc
--- a/ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/LinkFlyerWeapon.uc	Wed Jan 12 21:03:25 2022 -0500
+++ b/ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/LinkFlyerWeapon.uc	Thu Jan 13 20:04:43 2022 -0500
@@ -686,8 +686,8 @@
     BeamSounds(1)=Sound'WeaponSounds.LinkGun.BLinkGunBeam2'
     BeamSounds(2)=Sound'WeaponSounds.LinkGun.BLinkGunBeam3'
     BeamSounds(3)=Sound'WeaponSounds.LinkGun.BLinkGunBeam4'
-    VehicleDamageMult=1.5
-    SelfHealMultiplier=0.6
+    VehicleDamageMult=1.1
+    SelfHealMultiplier=0.1
     bInitAimError=True
     PitchUpLimit=18000
     PitchDownLimit=49153
diff -r 492cec431c37 ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/ONSLinkFlyer.uc
--- a/ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/ONSLinkFlyer.uc	Wed Jan 12 21:03:25 2022 -0500
+++ b/ONSLinkFlyer/Classes/ONSLinkFlyer.uc	Thu Jan 13 20:04:43 2022 -0500
@@ -250,13 +250,13 @@
     // ============================================================================
     defaultproperties
         {
-        MaxPitchSpeed=2200.000000
+        MaxPitchSpeed=2000.000000
         MaxThrustForce=170.000000
         MaxStrafeForce=130.000000
         MaxRiseForce=150.000000
         MaxYawRate=2.300000
-        GroundSpeed=2200.0
-        HealthMax=450.0
+        GroundSpeed=2000.0
+        HealthMax=350.0
         Health=300.0
         CollisionRadius=130.0
         bHasAltFire=True
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Maybe put the self heal multiplier at 0.3? 0.6 -> 0.1 is a pretty big change. If you are going to keep it, it might as well be useful.
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

0.3 it is, would rather it be useful or just useful, but not OP

Nerfed GoatSucker

ima