Q-36 Space Modulator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: Q-36 Space Modulator

Post by TotalBurn »

That is kick @ss!!!!! Damn you do good work. Im gonna guess you can teleport players and they will fall to their death? I wanna zap Paracleetus just to hear him bitch about hax :D
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

Pooty, the server still has the old version that leaves emitters everywhere. Fix is here.

I think this one might be ready for a randomizer? The extremely OP alt fire is gone now. It flies much slower and easily killed by most flyers now with no seeking weapon and only plasma shots. The most interesting thing about this vehicle is the portal but it's not very useful on torlan so nobody uses it. I'm sure a dirty player will ruin the fun but we should try it out and see, then uam_bitchslap roger out of it as needed :lol:

Also I noticed in logs that the regular flying saucer (the one I didn't code just include) has a None access inside the Tick method. That's pretty bad and probably end up on 2Fast2Furious on maps after that vehicle is used.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll get the updated Marvin package on the server shortly (its only on Torlan Vehicle Tester).

On the original, we should probably fix it. I think it's embedded in the Randomizer maps, and Red Planet, so I can update those when its fixed. Do you want to fix it or should I take a go at it?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here CSMarvin_2.0.zip

Changes
- Repackage the original saucer code inside CSMarvin, fix the log spamming

You should use the 'CSFlyingSaucer' and factory in this package to avoid the log spamming from the original FlyingSaucer.
trans_lux

Post by trans_lux »

FYI something is broken with CSmarvin. Took like 30 min to download via server but never finished.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, its fixed now, I even blocked myself from joining. :o
The updated version somehow didn't make it on the server, so the redirect had the newer version which forced everyone to download from the server which is super slow. Not sure what happened as my FTP showed everything got uploaded...

But in any case its fixed now.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:47 am Yes, its fixed now, I even blocked myself from joining. :o
The updated version somehow didn't make it on the server, so the redirect had the newer version which forced everyone to download from the server which is super slow. Not sure what happened as my FTP showed everything got uploaded...

But in any case its fixed now.
Maybe a quick live launch of each new map update as soon as it's uploaded would prevent this from happening in the future, you'd notice right away if it loaded that slowly and could fix it before the server's busy. Nothing worse than a bogus map update killing a nearly full server for the night.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Enyo wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:31 pm ...
Maybe a quick live launch of each new map update as soon as it's uploaded would prevent this from happening in the future, you'd notice right away if it loaded that slowly and could fix it before the server's busy. Nothing worse than a bogus map update killing a nearly full server for the night.
Good idea.

If admins noticed this occurring with a map, you can go in through the Web Administration Interface portal and switch the map that way. I've done it at least once that I remember.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I *nearly* always do a test load on the server. In this case, there was a player (two) actually playing so I couldn't test it. I was going to come back and verify it, but it didn't happen.... plus the ftp log showed everything transferred OK. If I file is loaded it won't overwrite it and FTP throws an error..

So yes this one is on me
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:27 am So yes this one is on me
It's ok, we still love you 😍
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain