Q-36 Space Modulator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Q-36 Space Modulator

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:50 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:00 am New version, download here CSMarvin_1.7.zip

Changes

- reduce marvin top speed, acceleration
- remove avril like homing for alt fire, reduce homing radius, projectile speed, and damage
Maybe alt fire could be the laser in the Spider tank or Pulse Traitor? The one that makes the enemies float. Sort of like an abduction?
that is an awesome idea :) I'll try it out
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:47 am
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:50 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:00 am New version, download here CSMarvin_1.7.zip

Changes

- reduce marvin top speed, acceleration
- remove avril like homing for alt fire, reduce homing radius, projectile speed, and damage
Maybe alt fire could be the laser in the Spider tank or Pulse Traitor? The one that makes the enemies float. Sort of like an abduction?
that is an awesome idea :) I'll try it out
Definitely the pulse traitor weapon... like he said, a tractor-beam like weapon is perfect for this! What's the primary fire do? Sorry I'm being lazy and didn't read back thru the whole thread.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSMarvin_1.8.zip

Changes
- replace alt fire with new beam weapon

video here
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Woah, that looks sick!
pooty

Post by pooty »

Not sure if it was fixed, but the primary "weapon" the portal maker still had some issues with making the portal too small on some surfaces? Its on the Torlan-VehicleTester map.

I'll load the latest later today.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:42 am Not sure if it was fixed, but the primary "weapon" the portal maker still had some issues with making the portal too small on some surfaces? Its on the Torlan-VehicleTester map.

That's a feature. The portal sizes itself to the surface it's on. Sometimes that surface is too small to fit through.

The abduction beam is damaging but not too much (25/sec). It lifts things based on their mass. I made it strong enough to lift a tank but that means it kind of throws the poor little benders and cars around. It lifts anything with karma physics so most things in the game are affected.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:19 pm ...
It lifts things based on their mass. I made it strong enough to lift a tank
I have never seen a mino flipped upside down resting on its back on the ground yet. Some say they've seen it happen. Even funnier would be a Kraken flipped, LOL
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:19 pm
pooty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:42 am Not sure if it was fixed, but the primary "weapon" the portal maker still had some issues with making the portal too small on some surfaces? Its on the Torlan-VehicleTester map.

That's a feature. The portal sizes itself to the surface it's on. Sometimes that surface is too small to fit through.

The abduction beam is damaging but not too much (25/sec). It lifts things based on their mass. I made it strong enough to lift a tank but that means it kind of throws the poor little benders and cars around. It lifts anything with karma physics so most things in the game are affected.
Can you lift those random explosive barrels?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:03 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Can you lift those random explosive barrels?
Not sure, depends on the barrel. It does not work on the barrels on MassD. They don't have any physics. The explosion is just a graphical effect not physics.

I'm working on an update to GanjasRoom that adds karma physics to the cigarette boxes. They already have it but it needs net code to work online.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here CSMarvin_1.8v2.zip

Changes
- Fix dust emitter littering the map

This was a very minor update and I forgot to update the version number. Since nobody played it yet I just left it as 1.8.