Q-36 Space Modulator

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Q-36 Space Modulator

Post by pooty »

I did dock my pay for the day so its all good!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSMarvin_2.1.zip

Changes
- Fix flying saucer showing raptor's thrusters online/on the server
- reduce flying saucer speed (still faster than marvin and avrils)
- horn for flying saucer
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here CSMarvin_2.2.zip

Changes
- Fix beam sound online
- Fix portal shoot sound online
pooty

Post by pooty »

I am working on a new map edit with this on it... might be done by the weekend depending on how busy I get. The map isn't one we have on the server right now...so should be fun.

I know Enyo mentioned it on RedPlanet, but that might change that map too much (with the portals) and its one of those "classics" I don't want to tinker with (saucers excepted).
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:39 pm I am working on a new map edit with this on it... might be done by the weekend depending on how busy I get. The map isn't one we have on the server right now...so should be fun.

I know Enyo mentioned it on RedPlanet, but that might change that map too much (with the portals) and its one of those "classics" I don't want to tinker with (saucers excepted).
I hope it's not your new Slated you're talking about... that would be cool too, but the new saucer with the abduction beam needs levis and minos to screw with, along with a high ceiling for it to be any fun. I mean, it is a seriously fun and dynamic vehicle we're not really getting much of a chance to explore, and I'm anxious to see what it can do with some good teamwork, which is also rare.

Maybe a second version of Redplanet with a randomizer node setup, or even randomizer vehicles for all I care, but guarantee the saucer is always on there. Why not, we have like 5 versions of MTMU, what's wrong with 2 different RedPlanets? Classic and "new and improved."
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

There's a version of RedPlanet called Green Planet -- visually different but similar layout.. might be worth tweaking with the saucer...
And the map I am thinking isn't slated, its a space themed one, "moon mines", so there will be tanks, saucers and and even a levi.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:15 pm There's a version of RedPlanet called Green Planet -- visually different but similar layout.. might be worth tweaking with the saucer...
And the map I am thinking isn't slated, its a space themed one, "moon mines", so there will be tanks, saucers and and even a levi.
Ok... I still would like to see a RedPlanet Randomizer one day though.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Maybe do the Green Planet Randomizer with some fixed vehicles like the Q-36....
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

This vehicle very heavily impacts my FPS; I can easily lose 50% of my FPS if these vehicles are in view. Are the projectile effects too detailed?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I admit I have a relatively new gpu (rtx 2070) and didn't notice any issues during development. I get > 60fps with A 24 bot arena of Q-36 vehicles on airmars. What is your gpu?

The projectiles are made from 3 emitters that spin around. Each of those is made from two sprite emitters and a trail emitter, so 9 emitters total. A single raptor plamsa shot is 3 emitters. When a PPC tank shoots, the explosion spawns 32 emitters.

I wonder if the spinning is the problem? Either way I can tone it down. I'd rather it work well than look good. Not sure when I can get to it though.