Hellbender
Hellhound
King Hellhound
Bio Bender
Fire bender
Assault bender
Cerebus
EONS Hellbender
Nitro Hellbender (not on this server right?)

Scorpions---------------------------------
Scorpion
EONS Scorpion
Tyrant
Fire Ant
Mantis
Nebula
Tarantula
Nova
EUScorpius
Lynx
Warthog
Link Scorpion

Mantas---------------------------------
Manta
Wyvern
Firefly
Short Circuit
Windblade
Pulse Traitor
Node Exploder
Sting Ray
Manta Mirage
Cherufe

Raptors---------------------------------
Raptor
Phoenix
Falcon
Wasp
Wasp Series II
Aurora (old OP one)
Aurora (nerfed one)
Mirage Raptor
Bio Raptor?
Omega
Ifrit

Paladins---------------------------------
Paladin
EONS Paladin
Aegis
Turtle (big shield)
Turtle (rectangle shield)
Dark Paladin
Basilisk
Centaur
Cobra

Leviathans---------------------------------
Leviathan
Tiamat (10,0000hp)
Tiamat (lesser)
Kraken
Hospitaler
Perses MAS

Carriers---------------------------------
Troop Carrier
Nexis Launcher

Badgers---------------------------------
Badger
Hover Badger
Hover Badger MkII ("the coffin")
Link Badger
Mega Badger
Fire Badger
Bio Badger
Ion Badger
Fart Badger
Regdab

Cicadas---------------------------------
Cicada
Dragon 2.0
Mirage Raptor
Draco
Warhawk
Wraith (pooty updated)

Helicopters---------------------------------
White one
Black one
Omniheliux

Misc---------------------------------
Onslaught for dummies
Locust
Toilet car
Cartoon vehicles
Dropship
Humvee/Motorcycle vehicles
Tater

Re: Vehicles in play/maps

Post by Tater »

Since this is a thread for vehicles and known issues, and we have some guys that kinda know what they're doing mod-wise, thought I'd rattle off some ideas

Badger: Exit location and falling through map (snarf mentioned this in another thread, prompted me to think of a few others)
Hammerhead: For the love of all that is holy, can we fix the exit location on this. I'm sure everyone has had their share of aggravation with this.
Megas: Getting stuck in ground (mega arena), not that big of an issue but just listing known problems.

Cherufe: Blue manta primarily colored red.
Plasma Tank: Blue plasma shots from red plasma tank. Not a big deal, but its an inconsistency I can think of.

Ballista: Not sure if this was intentional design, but it deals far less damage at extended range (I think there are two versions, the one with 500 health on regular mtmu does this damage/range reduction stuff). It acts like a regular tank shot after enough range, and eventually does no damage.
Basilisk: laser firing off into the far corner for a few seconds before shooting where your cursor is. Probably just a heavy-load server issue.
TroopCarrier: Not so much a problem as a gripe, I hate this thing more than ISIS. Possible nerf?

Alligator: 'w' for zooming in 2nd seat instead of RMB
Hellbenders: 'w' for zooming in 3rd seat, some do work with RMB

Some are more important than others, but these are off the top of the head or what others have mentioned before. Small projects / fixes I think Snarf/ Pooty/ whoever else might be able to tackle in some free time if they want / see necessary.

With normalizing OMNI vehicles or however Pooty phrased it in the first post, it'd be great to have the Goliaths in all commonly played maps to be replaced with the Goliath II so you can hit nodes more than 100 feet away (some maps don't matter as much like MB. Dria and AlienHop though..)
Also the Tyrant scorpion could be updated with the more powerful version. Not very important, as many of these aren't, but they're common enough to be on the top of my head.
Rando

Post by Rando »

Please for the love of God make all zooms consistent on all vehicles. Idk if its possible but that would be as the kids say "amazeballs".
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

Please for the love of God make all zooms consistent on all vehicles. Idk if its possible but that would be as the kids say "amazeballs".
lol, this is one of the primary reasons I want to standardize it. Some 2nd seat alligators have it some don't, even some HellHounds don't have it.. maddening.

Some changes are fairly easy, some are more difficult....I keep meaning to set up a google sheet to prioritize the work...but real work is taking up too much time.
Also the Tyrant scorpion could be updated with the more powerful version. Not very important, as many of these aren't, but they're common enough to be on the top of my head.
lol. There's two versions of the Tyrant..the one on the Tyrant map is the less powerful one Tyrant 2.0. I replaced it on the randomizers with the original that does ~250 pts.. almost as much as goliath (300) so it pretty much kills any infantry... and it shoots straight.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Tater wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:35 am ...
Megas: Getting stuck in ground (mega arena), not that big of an issue but just listing known problems.
I call this the Philadelphia Experiment result. (In the movie Philadelphia Experiment (1984), after the ship comes through the vortex, several crew members are fused alive into the ship's hull.)

Not sure it's all that bad, just another devastating way to become disabled after receiving a hit. It's not consistent, some what random. Not sure you can recover your vehicle at all. Best to suicide and find a new one. Most times you are a sitting duck and get obliterated with a 2nd shot shortly.

As the enemy I would suggest avoiding the temptation to obliterate them, leave em there to rot, the more time they are disabled the better for your team.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Hammerhead eject seat would rule. Or at least let it always exit you from the rear of the vehicle. I've always thought the Ballista could use an actual camo paintjob, or at least a darker version of what it already has.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So editing the skins is pretty easy if you have a program than can edit .dds image file. I have found an open source program, but sometimes it works great, others like with the Cherufe skins.. the file read gets messed up.... Anyone have any suggestions for decent image editor, preferably free? Maybe we have someone who knows Graphic Design...hint, hint.

I have no idea how to change the exits, Snarf may know.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:19 am So editing the skins is pretty easy if you have a program than can edit .dds image file. I have found an open source program, but sometimes it works great, others like with the Cherufe skins.. the file read gets messed up.... Anyone have any suggestions for decent image editor, preferably free? Maybe we have someone who knows Graphic Design...hint, hint.

I have no idea how to change the exits, Snarf may know.
Badger has these properties:
DrivePos=(X=-10.000000,Z=200.000000)
ExitPositions(0)=(X=-180.000000,Z=100.000000)
ExitPositions(1)=(X=-180.000000,Y=-100.000000,Z=100.000000)
ExitPositions(2)=(X=-180.000000,Y=100.000000,Z=100.000000)
ExitPositions(3)=(X=180.000000,Z=100.000000)
There is also another flag, part of Vehicle.uc, not listed in Badger properties. The default is true
bRelativeExitPos=true
Setting that to false might fix it.
Changing the ExitPositions Z values might fix it, but I think that's a red herring. They look OK to me.
It might be broken because DrivePos Z > ExitPosition Z. I thought maybe setting DrivePos Z = 50 would fix it.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Interesting I think that there was the Badger Mk II that claimed to fix the Badger Exit issue...should be simple enough to compare the code.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Those values are from the Badger that's embedded in ArcticJunkYard v3m beta11. Not sure which version that is. Says 'Badger )o('