LinkVehicles 3.0

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: LinkVehicles 3.0

Post by McLovin »

Can the scorpions be fixed? I mean the part about how unwieldy they are to drive.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, we can adjust most of the driving characteristics...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

McLovin wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:55 pm Can the scorpions be fixed? I mean the part about how unwieldy they are to drive.
Agreed... not sure what adjustments need to be made, but they spin out way too easy. They also seem too light and bounce around like they're made of rubber.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think that mostly the regular scorpions drive ok, and the EONS/Boost, Hyena ones are pretty decent. Some of the most interesting ones (eg. Nova comes to mind) are terrible to drive. IMO they should be fast, nimble and easy to drive -- that should be a main feature of the whole line. Kind of like that before all the custom vehicles, fast tanks etc.

But the overall problem is that scorps are really no match for tanks....most scorps are one shotted by any tank, and I suspect the badger was pushed as a replacement. So not sure its worth the time to mess with them?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Don’t change the red one from Gunshop. Tarantula I think. That one drives great.

Really though, yeah they’re challenging to drive but I think that’s the fun of it… learning each driving dynamic. But I can see where some of them could use a tune up.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am But the overall problem is that scorps are really no match for tanks....most scorps are one shotted by any tank, and I suspect the badger was pushed as a replacement. So not sure its worth the time to mess with them?
Correct! Never have been, even against a stock goliath. And they're highly vulnerable to every type of flyer unless it's a Mantis, which, as Termi pointed out, is one of the few useful cars. The way it drives is pretty good and should be a model for others. The fact it can climb makes it super fun, maybe give that ability to some other cars.

Something that could help avoid tank fire... the ability to jump in combination with an EONS boost, I'm pretty sure the EONS currently can't jump while boosting. Also maybe make the jump that some cars can already do a little higher. The max jump on them now is pretty low, would be nice to also have that to maybe avoid direct tank fire and take only a little splash damage.

If you guys are willing to work on some of the cars at some point, we should move this to its own topic. Otherwise, we should at least remove some of the more useless cars altogether because they never get used and just sit empty.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
ItsMeAgain

Post by ItsMeAgain »

Sure, i will look into modifying some textures for the scorpions and other items if needed. Just list them. Should not take too long.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

please leave them with the ability to climb walls.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Terminator wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:59 pm please leave them with the ability to climb walls.
Is this what I've seen people drive straight up a verticle wall in Gunshop? What kind of mad genius discovers these capabilities? Of course, only Termi, LOL
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its really a combination of the vehicle and the Mutator WheeledVehicleStunts (this add more "jump" to things like Scorpions/Benders and is enabled on some maps). Its really a bug that's a feature, I don't think it was every intentional.

I'd like to make it intentional and make it so Mantis, Spiders could crawl up verticals...or even hang from the ceiling.