EvenMatchOmni

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
Super Sanka

Re: EvenMatchOmni

Post by Super Sanka »

Key vehicle wasters on certain maps are one of the biggest if not the biggest reason for a team to underperform. If I see any OP flyers on the map I call it out to the best pilots on the team without hesitation. The other day on Valerna someone got upset that I asked them not to take the shock mech.

I normally don't get frustrated but I got kinda pissed off at said player shooting shock balls and missing by 5 miles 😑. Think we lost that round and started winning when he left.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

I think we should put the KnownPlayers option back on. It keeps the top half dozen or so players split up. IMO, this does the best job of balancing.

I'll post the list up in the admin section and we can take a look at who should be in the top tier.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Can you post the tier list here pooty?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, but I want to finalize with the Admins first. I don't want to be publicly debated however, we will use this as the basis: https://www.omnipotents.com/utstats/onsrankings.php

You probably realize who most of them are...
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Not to throw a random whine in the effort, but if we ever go back to having no balancer, an added perk would be regaining the ability to talk with your team before the round begins. We could even extend the pre-match countdown for a few extra seconds of strategy.... "I have 2 who's going to 6?"... "i got it" etc.

I wish the teams weren't forced to an even number, because couldn't we just remove the balancer and then have admins switch teams to balance it manually?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:04 pm ...
have admins switch teams to balance it manually?
Not my job. Have at it if you wish.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:04 pm Not to throw a random whine in the effort, but if we ever go back to having no balancer, an added perk would be regaining the ability to talk with your team before the round begins. We could even extend the pre-match countdown for a few extra seconds of strategy....
That's a good idea. I stay mum until the 1st game actually starts cause I've got enemy on my current team list.

Most people don't have or use a microphone, they are shit-stains. Hell, it took Army years before he started talking, LOL
"I have 2 who's going to 6?"... "i got it" etc.
Reminds me of the setup discussion for LeeRoy Jenkins.
https://youtu.be/mLyOj_QD4a4
https://youtu.be/lr-TXr9dwqs
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

McLovin wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:38 pm
have admins switch teams to balance it manually?
Not my job. Have at it if you wish.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:04 pm Not to throw a random whine in the effort, but if we ever go back to having no balancer, an added perk would be regaining the ability to talk with your team before the round begins. We could even extend the pre-match countdown for a few extra seconds of strategy....
That's a good idea. I stay mum until the 1st game actually starts cause I've got enemy on my current team list.

Most people don't have or use a microphone, they are shit-stains. Hell, it took Army years before he started talking, LOL
"I have 2 who's going to 6?"... "i got it" etc.
Reminds me of the setup discussion for LeeRoy Jenkins.
https://youtu.be/mLyOj_QD4a4
https://youtu.be/lr-TXr9dwqs
Yeah last night I was spamming a few plans in the text chat when the map loaded, I don't remember what they were but I soon realized I just told half the other team my super secret plan. There are so many helpful reminders you can throw during that time:

Low player count, take fast movers only
Who has the primary, okay I have the secondary
Spam avrils to the right (EvilDead)
Node X touch and go only
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I will add the multiplier file back in this weekend, likely saturday. This should keep the top tier players split evenly.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Is it correct that EvenMatch only balances at the beginning of the game, ie, it does not affect which team a new join gets placed on?

Last night I was playing BadgerMeUp 1x1 against Jubei. Dog joined and he got put on my team? I checked the balance and the numbers were evenly matched between teams, which I thought was odd. UTStatsDB for some reason didn't record the match so I can't reference game stats.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

if teams are even numbered, new joins go to the weaker team