New Map Dark Marsh

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

New Map Dark Marsh

Post by pooty »

Its still in Beta...
A couple of things: Love the Dark Levi on there. But I think the Hospitaler at 2 needs to go, 2 is key node and hard to take down with it.

Also thinking about moving a flyer from core to nodes... seemed like Falcon was pretty dominating with the LinkFlyer. Maybe move Venom out to the nodes.

And as JoeKT found out, hard to drive in the swampy portions with tanks.

I think there's still too many mantas. (I actually removed several).

Missle tank might be overkill.

If anyone has any other vehicle ideas let me know.

Did anyone get the Dragon that spawns on top of 1 (tomb node)?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Re: New Map Dark Marsh

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Yeah I found the dragon, there could be some cool toys hidden up there.

Good call on removing some mantas.

Not sure if the swamp texture is a bug or feature. My bender flipped almost immediately. I don't mind it though.

Was somehow unable to see where the MAS spawned but I was busy exploring random things.

"Dark" theme is cool, maybe the stormcaster can fit the vibe too?

Might be annoying but might be cool to have some artillery?

I thought the node layout is good, except maybe have the spare nodes (free ones attached to the cores) spawn more powerful vehicles that can help keep you in the game if you've been nearly overrun by the enemy.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Updated version V1-Beta2 on the server.
And here if you want to play offline (though you will need vehicle files if not cached) and check out the alternative node layouts. Hmm Maybe I should randomize the layouts like on Shyron?
http://www.omnipotents.com/mapdev/ONS-D ... -Beta2.ut2

Changes:

- Removed a few more mantas from 3
- Added Stormcaster V2 ( https://www.ceonss.net/viewtopic.php?p= ... b0281ea23f ) (There's still two deemers on there)
- Removed Missile Tank replaced with Odin
- Removed Hospitaler with Helios Artillery
- Also, a new/old vehicle Ghost Manta (goes completely invisible for a short time, fires a weaker version of Gravity Orb thing) We will see how this works, it was already loaded on the server and there's at least one bug -- it doesn't draw the driver in. It also can't jump--which IMO is fine since I don't want to get smashed by an invisible manta

Not sure if the swamp texture is a bug or feature. My bender flipped almost immediately. I don't mind it though.
Its a feature, it can be bypassed by Hover vehicles (Mantas, Hovertanks (Odin/Nepthys), some of the trucks/scorps can make it) Its a feature like hills or other terrain. In this case it bothers some vehicles -- power type tanks; but not others hover/flyers.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty when you drive Dark Leviathan on the bumpy marsh, it does damage to Dark Leviathan. IDK if that is intentional.
leon

Post by leon »

Manta too but I think it should be like this.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, the Marsh/Swamp is kind of a feature. Some areas you can drive through, some not so much and its dependent on which vehicle.

Some things I propose:
- Randomize the node layouts for testing, not sure I like the current one...
- Add a couple of hoverboards -- these would be good for going to node 1 -- the tomb node where you can't use a vehicle.
- Add a defensive vehicle to the primaries IMO way to easy to get those down... or maybe put a roof over them..

Did anyone tryout the Ghost (Manta that spawns at 3) yet?
pooty

Post by pooty »

Added Node Randomizer, we can either leave it random or pick one we like.
Added boards at core
Change Vehicle at 4/7 from Bender to HeavyTank, Flame Tank at 3. This should allow for better primary control.
pooty

Post by pooty »

ONS-Dark-Marsh-p00tylicious-V1-Beta4.ut2 - Tried to fix Node Randomizer, for some reason this map doesn't like to pick a random node layout even when forced. Made new default a different layout, kind of felt like those nodes to side of the core that weren't connected were kind of useless.

Removed Ghost Manta - Too buggy on server - replaced wtih Cherufe.
Added Teleporter to help get to 1, its somewhat hidden and expect to abandon your vehicle to get there.
A couple other hints, there's two deemers and stormcaster on the map.
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

I wish we could play this when the server is full. On a 7v7 if you're not using a flyer or a fast vehicle you're at a disadvantage most of the time
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yep. I think with more of a crowd it plays well. I did increase the respawn times on the flyers so once they are dead its a bit longer before you use them.