Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Post by TotalBurn »

pooty wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:29 pm I put it up there, same bug.
I pulled it in the editor, rebuilt it and put it up there... same bug.. I am at a loss, but the latest version is there on the server.
Only thing in server log was this:
Warning: HoldObjective ONS-Hangar-18-v2r1.HoldObjective0 (Function UnrealGame.HoldObjective.PostBeginPlay:0035) ONS-Hangar-18-v2r1.HoldObjective0 MoverTag not defined!!!
The HoldObjective is related to the jump destination so bots would jump into the train car. I can either fix it or remove it and eliminate the warning from the log.

What I might do is remove the two nodes on red side causing the problem, add new nodes, rebuild, and make a new link setup, rebuild and I hope that fixes it.

The mover tag might have to do with the lift for the crane. I had to move the crane and might not have relocated all the movers. So Im gonna take a quick look at that.
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:39 pm I'll check it out when I get home also. I can test online play without needing to upload it.
That would be a hude help because I cant test online and I dont think pooty can either unless he uploads it to the server. Thanks!
Last edited by TotalBurn on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enyo
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:39 pm I'll check it out when I get home also. I can test online play without needing to upload it.
What a badass... fucking Snarf-Ra you are!!! Don't ever let anyone call you Osbert... immediate ban :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Ok I fixed the HoldObjective (yay)... Now I see this in the log

Warning: ONSPowerNodeNeutral ONS-Hangar-18-v3.ONSPowerNodeNeutral5 (Function Onslaught.ONSPowerNode.PowerCoreConstructing:0033) Accessed None 'EnergySphere'

Node5 is the one inside the train car and the medallion is hidden because it wont fit inside (remember pistola when the node was under the bridge)
So I dont know how important that is. Or if it has to do with the other nodes Enyo reported. I think they are separate issues.

Edit: Here is v3 and I fixed the HoldObj issue and I replaced the problem nodes on the red side with new ones. Then created a fresh link setup and compiled. I hope this solves all outstanding problems.

Download v3 here
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

v3 works on a server OK, no node problems
pooty

Post by pooty »

V3 now on the server.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Just throwing this out there but I'm still getting the thing where a node appears available to start (yellow specks tornado) but it's actually locked.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

TotalBurn wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:18 pm Node5 is the one inside the train car and the medallion is hidden because it wont fit inside (remember pistola when the node was under the bridge)
So I dont know how important that is. Or if it has to do with the other nodes Enyo reported. I think they are separate issues.]
There's a way to lower the top node medallion thing, pretty sure that's an easy one for snarf or pooty to advise on.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:59 pm v3 works on a server OK, no node problems
Thats great news! Thanks Snarf!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:59 pm Just throwing this out there but I'm still getting the thing where a node appears available to start (yellow specks tornado) but it's actually locked.
Not so good news. Did you play v3? Pooty just uploaded it.
Enyo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:01 pm There's a way to lower the top node medallion thing, pretty sure that's an easy one for snarf or pooty to advise on.
Yeah, if we use the ONSPlus node, like on Pistola I can adjust the height. I'll get that done for the next version.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

I'm a little bummed because I keep missing the new version the last few nights. By the time I get on its already been played. I know I can play it offline, but that's no fun without real players. So much more satisfying to frag leon than a bot. 😉
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So I miss the fenced areas with containers and Double Damage...

Also, one side was easier to get to the far primary via jumping on the tanks (is quad jump on?), vs. the other where you have to use jump pad farther back get to the roof and drop on the wall. Still feels like getting to that far primary and building it is fairly difficult. If the team is slow, and the other team fully builds the node in the building, very hard to take it back. To be fair, there might be a learning curve on what to prioritize (IMO the far node first and with more of the team than the close one)..