Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Post by TotalBurn »

v2 updated... Fixed / changed most things discussed.

Whats new?
- Map now mostly symetrical
- Closed off a door at each building protecting primary nodes
- Adjusted fences at crane nodes for more protection
- Busted out windows at core (upper level) so you can attack primary if lost to enemy
- Replaced badgers with EONS Scorpion
- Added manta and hellbender at each core
- Added shield pick up on top of train
- Added jump pad from top of train to bridge
- Removed Cicada (it had to be done)
- Optimized pathing for offline play

Download latest

Im not completely done, but my future step son whom Ive waited 7 years to meet is flying in from Florida tomorrow. So for almost a week I wont be able to work on anything. Just thought I would give guys what I have as of now since it addresses most of the issues we talked about.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

It's a cool map. So far the only people who hate it are the usual people who only know how to sit in tanks.

Aesthetic thing but I'd add more exploding barrels, those road block things that can be taken out etc. Whatever environmental things that can be destroyed. Or perhaps that leaking oil truck from AS-Convoy that explodes if it gets shot up?

And I missed it tonight but are the glass windows on top of the core buildings breakable?
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

The nodes in Hangar are now a bit messed up. The available nodes don't show the little sparkly gold glowing things that indicate it's an open node, but they are open and you can start them. And the locked nodes have the little gold sparkly things, making them appear to be available although locked.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks for the feedback guys!
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:27 am It's a cool map. So far the only people who hate it are the usual people who only know how to sit in tanks.

Aesthetic thing but I'd add more exploding barrels, those road block things that can be taken out etc. Whatever environmental things that can be destroyed. Or perhaps that leaking oil truck from AS-Convoy that explodes if it gets shot up?

And I missed it tonight but are the glass windows on top of the core buildings breakable?
I like the idea of exploding barrels. Going in the next revision! The glass isnt breakable, Ive been removing the windows so you can crouch + walk to get outside.

Yeah this is more of a DM style map so I can see where tank snipers would be nay sayers lol
Enyo wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:38 pm The nodes in Hangar are now a bit messed up. The available nodes don't show the little sparkly gold glowing things that indicate it's an open node, but they are open and you can start them. And the locked nodes have the little gold sparkly things, making them appear to be available although locked.
I tried the map offline, the latest one I uploaded (here) and the nodes seem fine on both sides. There is an alternate link setup called "1Way" and that would cause some nodes to be locked and possibly that link setup is now jacked up.

Which version of the map did you play?
Shot00231.jpg
Shot00231.jpg (210.56 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Shot00230.jpg
Shot00230.jpg (228.38 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

TotalBurn wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:26 pm I tried the map offline, the latest one I uploaded (here) and the nodes seem fine on both sides. There is an alternate link setup called "1Way" and that would cause some nodes to be locked and possibly that link setup is now jacked up.

Which version of the map did you play?
The latest one that was on the server, lol... don't remember the version number. But it was the most recent where you removed the cicada and made the warps one way.

So, the open nodes weren't locked, but appeared to be, and the locked nodes appeared to be open (but were in fact locked). Open nodes are indicated by the little gold sparkles floating above a node. It's like the open/locked node visual indicators were backwards. Haven't played it since, so not sure if it was the map or some glitch only I was seeing.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Enyo for the information. I just played the map online and see exactly what you are talking about. Seems the problem is on the red side of the map. I think I know where the issue is. Im going to work on it today.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Ok here is v2.1

Download here

So here is the weird part I cant explain. I loaded the map from the server, except it did not download because I have it in my maps folder already. The red side of the map has the issue Enyo described. No obvious reason for it. Offline the same exact map file does not have the issue. Pooty, I really need your help on this one because its a head scratcher.

So here is what I did in the 2.1 version. I removed both link setups, re-created a new link setup based on the map as it is, saved and recompiled. My logic is that the old link setups got wonky with the changes to the map. I hope this clears it up. But because the problem only exists with online play we have to upload and test it.

Offline the problem does not happen.

I forgot the 2.1 wont work for the name. Change it as you see fit.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Okay I'll take a look at it later today.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I put it up there, same bug.
I pulled it in the editor, rebuilt it and put it up there... same bug.. I am at a loss, but the latest version is there on the server.
Only thing in server log was this:
Warning: HoldObjective ONS-Hangar-18-v2r1.HoldObjective0 (Function UnrealGame.HoldObjective.PostBeginPlay:0035) ONS-Hangar-18-v2r1.HoldObjective0 MoverTag not defined!!!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'll check it out when I get home also. I can test online play without needing to upload it.