Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: Any interest in non-symmetrical map?

Post by TotalBurn »

Enyo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:56 am I'm a little bummed because I keep missing the new version the last few nights. By the time I get on its already been played. I know I can play it offline, but that's no fun without real players. So much more satisfying to frag leon than a bot. 😉
I know the feeling. I havent been able to get online in a while and when I do all the good maps are played like Ganja, MB etc.
pooty wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:10 pm So I miss the fenced areas with containers and Double Damage...
I can bring that back... I had to remove it to move other things around and get symmetrical (as best I could). But yeah I can bring back a smaller version of that fenced area with container + DD
pooty wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:10 pm Also, one side was easier to get to the far primary via jumping on the tanks (is quad jump on?), vs. the other where you have to use jump pad farther back get to the roof and drop on the wall. Still feels like getting to that far primary and building it is fairly difficult. If the team is slow, and the other team fully builds the node in the building, very hard to take it back. To be fair, there might be a learning curve on what to prioritize (IMO the far node first and with more of the team than the close one)..
I think since I moved buildings and what not, centered the bridge etc it made moving around the map more equal time wise for both teams. Quad jump wasnt in play, but the way some things were positioned made it easy to get around.

I dont know what people prefer at this point. More symmetrical or the original one side has the advantage of shorter distances. But most important is the node issue. Snarf confirmed it fixed and Yeah said its not. I can revert back to the original version and just make the vehicle swaps. This is where I wish more players would come to the forum to give an opinion.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

I played through it on my LAN and built every node on the map. I did not see any problem with the 'energy sphere' effect in hanger18-v3.

On the server, I see that problem quite a bit on various maps, not just hanger18. Even good old MTMU doesn't always show the energy effect for me when the node is available. It might be the randomizer or might be ONSPlus? Not sure but I don't think it's hanger18 specifically.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I found it does happen occasionally on various maps when you get team switched by the balancer....not sure why sometimes and not others.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Snarf for the confirmation. I also noticed on ONS-(RTS)RedBluff-ECE that some nodes look locked (no emitter) and others appear fine. I also wondered if it was a side effect of ONSPlus but thats a topic way over my head.

Edit: Just played v3 on the server with McL. Both sides of the map and nodes were as they should be.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

Sorry, didnt mean to cause a stir about the golden node emitters. It may well have been a bug that one time. I don't remember getting switched, but I might have been, who knows. Haven't had a chance to play it online since.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Sometimes the missing yellow tornado is an indicator I'm on the wrong team chat. This one is odd because it appears when it's not supposed to.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Found it. This is a bug in EvenMatch.

If you are on e.g Red team before the game starts, then are switched to Blue when the game starts, then you won't see the yellow sparkles.

EvenMatch needs to do the same checkshield() that ONSOnslaughtGame->ChangeTeam does when changing teams.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:10 am Found it. This is a bug in EvenMatch.

If you are on e.g Red team before the game starts, then are switched to Blue when the game starts, then you won't see the yellow sparkles.

EvenMatch needs to do the same checkshield() that ONSOnslaughtGame->ChangeTeam does when changing teams.
There's only one proper response to this:
https://youtu.be/eUKl1fqh70M
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Nice Snarf-Ra!
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Enyo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:13 am Sorry, didnt mean to cause a stir about the golden node emitters....
No thats what we need. You bringing up the topic also made us realize there was an Assault Objective error that needed to be fixed. I think I discovered a couple other small issues also. So causing a stir helps us to take a deep dive and fix all the little things that players online wont report on the forum. Im really thankful for you taking the time to bring it up.
captainsnarf wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:10 am Found it. This is a bug in EvenMatch.
That would explain ONS-(RTS)RedBluff-ECE because the roster pre game had me on one team and since I was alone, I switched teams to my preferred color before spawning.

My many thanks to everyone for all the feedback and TS. I can get back to adding the fence + containers + DD for each side of the map.