ONS-GuitarShop

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: ONS-GuitarShop

Post by TotalBurn »

For the deemer spot, when you exit the room, your right back to where the warp is and can accidentally warp back in to the room. I already have that fixed. Im going to wait for more feedback on vehicles etc to upload a new version.

If you guys think the arvils are too much, I can do something similar to Gun Shop. Where you can only pick up an arvil on the ground in 1 or 2 locations away from the core.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by pooty »

If you guys think the arvils are too much, I can do something similar to Gun Shop. Where you can only pick up an arvil on the ground in 1 or 2 locations away from the core.
Yes that might be a good balance to keep the avrils.

I'd consider replacing the Paladin with the EONS Crusader, its a bit better and not as powerful as an Aegis. I nearly always died in the Pally going to their nodes...

Move the stool by the drum set, mantas get stuck between stool leg and the wall.

Increase the spawn time on the tank, its hard to get the primaries up, since the tank spawns quickly.

Maybe add a couple of vehicles, I think the EONS scorpions (Boost scorps) would be fun

Also, maybe a couple of jump pads here and there to help the folks on foot move across the map; especially if they could get you up on top of things as you jump.

I couldn't figure out how (or if) you can get to the shelves on the wall above the cases (not the picture frames)? Not sure there's any need but might be a good spot to hide goodies (invisibility? shield? Parachute?)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

It seems like there are some lighting black holes. Why is this manta all black?
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amI'd consider replacing the Paladin with the EONS Crusader, its a bit better and not as powerful as an Aegis.
Good idea. I dont think I have the file local, which map can I grab that from?
pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amMove the stool by the drum set, mantas get stuck between stool leg and the wall.
Im thinking of getting rid of it and opening up that space. Also we may add something on that back wall in the future.
pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amIncrease the spawn time on the tank, its hard to get the primaries up, since the tank spawns quickly.
pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amMaybe add a couple of vehicles, I think the EONS scorpions (Boost scorps) would be fun
Same question, where can I grab one. As I open maps Im finding Im missing tons of packages that are in the cache.
pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amAlso, maybe a couple of jump pads here and there to help the folks on foot move across the map; especially if they could get you up on top of things as you jump.
Excellent idea! Gonna do this today.
pooty wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:23 amI couldn't figure out how (or if) you can get to the shelves on the wall above the cases (not the picture frames)? Not sure there's any need but might be a good spot to hide goodies (invisibility? shield? Parachute?)
Another great idea. On the to do list.
captainsnarf wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:28 am It seems like there are some lighting black holes. Why is this manta all black?
Thats because I used spot lights around the magazine to light up the pages. The side effect is blacking out vehicles and players in the spotlight zone. I already have that fixed but didnt make it into the RC like the deemer warp issue I mentioned earlier. <- Edit I didnt mean for that to come off like a bad attitude or something. Its a legit problem and I appreciate you posting the screenshot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

You can get the vehicles here: http://www.omnipotents.com/omni-vehicle ... 082022.ut2
That has all the embedded ones. If you need the .u files, textures or meshes they are all on the redirect ( http://www.omnipotents.com/omni-ut2004-redirect/ ) they are uz2 compressed. I'd mirror it uncompressed but then its harder to make sure everything is in sync -- the redirect is always up to date... (if it isn't I hear about it right away).

And you can change the spawn time on the tank right in the editor.

I'd leave the stool its good cover just move it a bit away from the wall..it helps protect you from flyers when getting the redeemer.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Huge thanks!!!! Just what I needed. Got allot of work done this morning. Hope to have an update shortly.
Last edited by TotalBurn on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

ONS-GuitarShop-v1

Changes:

Changed Goliath to v2 and increased spawn time from 30 to 40
Added jump pads (aka people movers) to both sides of map (foot pedal near core)
Added 1 additional Hellbender to each team
Added a Badger to each case
Moved Stool behind drums to open up a wider path
Added amp to blue side case
Removed Arvils from core

(a) Added Arvil pickup to each case amp
(b) Added jump pad to get on top of the amp
(Tip) you can dodge jump from the top of the case onto the amp for the arvil

Swapped Paladin for EONS Crusader
Fixed lighting issue near magazines
Redeemer room exits on top of the drum to prevent accidental re-warp
Changed texture for cases (now marble top)

Download here

Links to download the soundtrack only below. Save the OGG to your unreal music folder.
DropBox | Google Drive | OneDrive

Shout out to Pooty, Snarf & Enyo for suggestions and ideas! Thanks guys!
Last edited by TotalBurn on Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Pooty is gonna kill me...

Quick fix
- Replaced corrupted texture
- Fixed weapon locker warnings

Performance seems to be better / smoother. I think that bad texture was causing issues.

Download here
Still version 1 since this was a simple under the hood fix. Also updated the link in the prev post
pooty

Post by pooty »

Haha I know your pain...

We also noticed some issues with the meshes/blocking vols? on the guitars going up to 3/6, worse on 3 you can get a manta stuck there pretty easily.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Pooty! Yeah the bass guitars on 3 & 6 have simple collision. Where the problem comes in is that the knobs stick up so high from the body that the collision box ends up triangle shaped. It works fine for people on foot, but mantas get snagged unless you fly up the left side where the knobs arent.

Im going to try different collision boxes and if all else fails I can rotate the guitars face down. The backs are flat from end to end. Nothing sticking up. I could mess with the collision height, but I can see where that could create a new problem while solving another. Either way I'll work on it today and get things to where they need to be.