ONS-GuitarShop

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

ONS-GuitarShop

Post by TotalBurn »

Been working on this off and on for a while now. I think I have something thats promising. So Im posting the first test release to get the communities feedback. 5 node setup. Center node is hard to get to. Either enter manta + jump to get into center or a raptor is easiest. The center node spawns an ion. I thought this would help prevent a stalemate match.

Bot pathing is minimum just for testing purposes. For now classic vehicles.
Shot00218.jpg
Shot00218.jpg (177.6 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
Download here

There is still allot of work to be done. Vehicle pathing, a warp for the center node, possibly jump pads to get on top of the amp(s) for health and DD pickups. So many ideas.

Please post feedback and ideas.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-GuitarShop

Post by captainsnarf »

Ooh looks fun :D

The map seems a bit small for the ion tank. We'll see how it goes. I think red has an advantage due to the layout of the center node.

You can fly a raptor through the drums (except bass), cymbals, and cash register.

Where is the Les Paul? And a left handed guitar? This must be a Guitar Center :lol:
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:34 pm Ooh looks fun :D

The map seems a bit small for the ion tank. We'll see how it goes. I think red has an advantage due to the layout of the center node.

You can fly a raptor through the drums (except bass), cymbals, and cash register.

Where is the Les Paul? And a left handed guitar? This must be a Guitar Center :lol:
+10 points for spelling "cymbals" correctly
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:32 pm +10 points for spelling "cymbals" correctly
:lol: Zildjian! :D

Since this is a guitar shop, the music should be a poorly played stairway to heaven, followed with some smoke on the water :mrgreen: It might be fun to play with some ambient sounds on this map. You could have sound triggers on the guitars so they make guitar noises when you walk on them.

Oh and the ceiling fans are cool! I forgot about movers heh. I remember in UT3 you can make some cool effects with movers and dynamic lights.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:34 pm Ooh looks fun :D
The ion could be too much. I was also thinking of moving the case and making it catty corner + centering the node in the case. That should even things up.

There is still some collision work to be done. Mantas can get snagged on the Fender boxes in some scenarios. This week Ive been working on textures for the amps. The ceiling lights on the red side of the map are going the wrong direction so those need to be rotated. Its a long list.

I love the idea of sound triggers. Im defiantly going to play with that idea. Ive enlarged the map a couple times and need to fix a brush issue. On the blue side the granite floor flickers when you are in certain positions panning your view.

Thanks for the feedback! Always appreciated :)
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

This weekend I added a new room/wing to the map making it larger and accommodating more nodes. Now I think we are going in the right direction. So much work to be done. The now two center nodes need to be adjusted. Otherwise primaries to the cores are symmetrical and the cases are as well. At least as close as they can be.

Again minimal bot pathing for primaries for testing purposes.
Download the larger version

I have days of playing with lights, meshes and brushes to make the new rooms continuity of the map.
Shot00219.jpg
Shot00219.jpg (240.06 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Holy smokes this is a lot of work and time consuming. 3 hours a day plus 30 minutes of play. Currently working on the red side of the map, It looks sparse and needs visual work still. Biggest change in this version is the node setup. 3 nodes to core and the center (off center really) node acts as a cut off. There are also two paths to the core. Each core has an aux node.

Found and added the perfect music for this map. Bot pathing is good enough for offline play and testing. The cases still require a raptor or manta+jump to get to the node.

Download the latest
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

lookin good! nice song :)
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Through The Fire And Flames?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG_EEfpasM
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:31 pm Through The Fire And Flames?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG_EEfpasM
I think that should be for ONS-GuitarHeroShop :D