ONS-GuitarShop

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: ONS-GuitarShop

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 pm lookin good! nice song :)
Thanks Snarf! After the red side is completed I am going to make an alternate version of the map where the center node is truly center in that room. Maybe use the amps to block each side of it. Each amp slightly staggered towards the path preventing hitting the node from across the map.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:31 pm Through The Fire And Flames?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG_EEfpasM
I like that song quite a bit! Its tough though to have music with vocals on a map. But maybe at a reduced volume. Either way Im digging it.
- -
Edit: Ive played offline enough to realize there could be an arvil spam problem. Thats something I will give some thought to and see if anything can be done about it. The arvil spam on MB is borderline being too much. This map I can imagine players camping on top of a case and spamming rockets towards the core and primaries.

I could really use Pooty and Enyo to play try this map. I think their playing style would give me a different perspective.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

TotalBurn wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:46 am
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:31 pm Through The Fire And Flames?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG_EEfpasM
I like that song quite a bit! Its tough though to have music with vocals on a map. But maybe at a reduced volume. Either way Im digging it.
- -
Here's an instrumental https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPFD6iQAnc If you need help or are unsure about ripping high quality MP3s from youtube just let me know. This particular version is good quality. It being over seven minutes long and having tempo changes within the song I think this could be played in a loop without getting annoying.

I think to have custom music, each player has to download .ogg files and put them in folders manually so they trigger on each map. On the Monster Evolution server they have you do this (people went to great lengths to make those maps and the music is kind of part of the experience)
Last edited by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I could really use Pooty and Enyo to play try this map. I think their playing style would give me a different perspective.
I'll take a look this weekend. I appreciate the work put it in.. and it looks great so far (I've only seen the first rev). I could spend all day mapping, but it doesn't pay well...

And yes that's the biggest issue is playing offline doesn't help the mapper figure out what devious shit the Rogers, Ecmerds and Xexxes of the world will do, or what the noobs will do...
I think to have custom music, each player has to download .ogg files and put them in folders manually so they trigger on each map
You might be be able to embed in it the map, but there's no redirect support for music/.ogg files.

Great pick on the Dragonforce song btw.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:49 pm Here's an instrumental https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHPFD6iQAnc If you need help or are unsure about ripping high quality MP3s from youtube just let me know. This particular version is good quality. It being over seven minutes long and having tempo changes within the song I think this could be played in a loop without getting annoying.

I think to have custom music, each player has to download .ogg files and put them in folders manually so they trigger on each map. On the Monster Evolution server they have you do this (people went into great lengths to make those maps and the music is kind of part of the experience)
Huge thanks for that! Added it to my playlist. Always been a fan of instrumentals... Sadly you are right, I forgot each client would have to have the OGG in their folder. Thats a shame. For now I loaded up stock music. But I picked up a great song in the mean time.
pooty wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm I'll take a look this weekend. I appreciate the work put it in.. and it looks great so far (I've only seen the first rev). I could spend all day mapping, but it doesn't pay well...

And yes that's the biggest issue is playing offline doesn't help the mapper figure out what devious shit the Rogers, Ecmerds and Xexxes of the world will do, or what the noobs will do...
I really appreciate it! You get what the challenges are and I need all the perspectives I can get. Mean time I have a fresh version.

Download the latest

Changes:
- Added more visuals for red side of map (pictures, guitars etc)
- Added scorpion at each case node
- Added a warp inside the Bass drum (3 stage Inside drum to pic frame for DD then back to outside of drum)
- Added scrolling marquee to red side
- Added collision to ceiling fan globes
Shot00221.jpg
Shot00221.jpg (193.02 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Edit: there is a problem with this version where raptors and cicadas can get stuck in the carpet if the flyer is abandoned in flight. This issue has been fixed but not in the version I last uploaded.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think it should have the custom music...I think it defaults to stock music if it can't find the .ogg files

Need a way to get up to the display case nodes, maybe lean a guitar so that you can walk up or even drive a badger/scorpion up, like in HomeTheaterBasement, otherwise you lose your flyers / mantas its impossible to start those nodes.

Like the Drum and teleport up the picture/shelf. Be cool to have a couple more of those to help the foot soliders go side to side (ala Masterbath).

Not sure on node layout, right now the one node is choke point, and you have to get two nodes down to lock it, which means most of the fight will be a 5. Two paths to core, and maybe a cut off makes strategy more interesting than just push forward.

Be a good o have a few sniper postions/hiding spots as well as spots for tanks/benders to snipe from. Be interesting to see, I can see the Bender being critical to killing flyers/mantas...and tank to hold off the infantry....
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Pooty for the suggestions! That was a big help...

Changes:
Added Fender Amps (new) I had more fun creating the textures for this than anything else lol
Added leaning guitar to each case for foot access
Added Warp from each case ground to opposite side in pic frame (sniper position) then exits opposite case floor
Added Health pickup in each case
Fixed collision on ceiling fan blades
Fixed flyers stuck on carpet
Removed Arvils from all lockers except Core
Center node warp to Mantas is now one way (Corrects accidental warping back to ground)
Changed node links (3 paths to core with primary cut offs)

Compressed some textures reducing file size

Download latest (with music)
Multiple paths to core. Nodes 1, 2, 4 & 6 can cut off
Shot00222.jpg
Shot00222.jpg (89.5 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Fender amp
Shot00223.jpg
Shot00223.jpg (102.36 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Warp from ground case to frame to opposite ground case... Also guitar leading up to case
Shot00224.jpg
Shot00224.jpg (236.48 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

This looks great. Probably more of CCR or Three Dog Night vibe for music rather than Dragonforce
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH... The music is from the season 4 finale of Cobra Kai. At the cemetery, Chozen comes in from out of frame and the music ques up.

What this map really needs is Zones. Thats my weak spot. I know how to do it, but when executing it, the zones break some of the brushes. So there must be something Im overlooking.

--Edit--
Ok, made huge progress on zoning. PITA. Is there is easier method than using sheets? Is there a way to create a cube that that could be a zone? I would love to zone off small areas like amps, picture frames etc.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

If you're looking for more graphics, this one's pretty much mandatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f13FY94BKI

TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

OMG I love that! Its going in the map. Huge thanks my man!
Shot00225.jpg
Shot00225.jpg (228.52 KiB) Viewed 1344 times