ONS-GuitarShop

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Re: ONS-GuitarShop

Post by TotalBurn »

Im about to call this complete... Ive never loved something and arrived at the point of "my god let me move on" :D No wait, I went thru a divorce once. For real, the only thing left is tweaking. Moving a vehicle or weapon locker etc. The map itself Im calling complete if no problems arise.

Changes:
Added Zones
Added hidden room with redeemer (Hint: March to beat of your own drum, while trying to climb as high as you can on foot)
Added guitar magazines (décor)
Added Yeahhhh's Sign
Added wall cut outs for primary nodes (shields from snipers on top of the case)

Download the latest
Shot00225.jpg
Shot00225.jpg (238.74 KiB) Viewed 1397 times
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Post by captainsnarf »

I like it a lot and am looking forward to playing it online. :)

Would it make sense to put another node at the drums? It seems like there should be a node between 2 and 6 that's close to 1 like how 5 is close to 4.

If people make youtube videos of your map they might get copyright dings over the music. Not sure if you care but it's something to think about.

Found the deemer ;)
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Snarf! Appreciate the feedback and compliment! The funny thing about that center node, is that while its further from 1 (red) it takes blue longer to get to it from 4. I made it so blue has to round a corner and not have line of sight. Where on the red side you only need go so far for line of sight.

When I play blue side and race to build nodes, red bots always beat me to the center. I could also go with your idea too which would be easier.

I can move the node to be more center and surround it with amps. But I was saving that idea for a version 2. As for the music, Im not too worried about it.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I wouldn't move it unless it is seriously unbalanced.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:42 pm I wouldn't move it unless it is seriously unbalanced.
Only way to know is to play it on a full server. Is it ready to load up and test for real? Looks awesome!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Enyo wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:14 pm
captainsnarf wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:42 pm I wouldn't move it unless it is seriously unbalanced.
Only way to know is to play it on a full server. Is it ready to load up and test for real? Looks awesome!
Thanks! You are 100% correct and its been my biggest problem, playing with bots. It is ready. I have tweaked some lighting and other visuals. I was waiting for pooty to sign off on it and I will upload the final version. But yeah, even the last uploaded version is playable and problem free.

How do you feel about there being one raptor per side? I was thinking of swapping the cicada for a second raptor. I tried to model this similar to MB. 1 tank, 1 paladin at center, 1 bender etc. Would love your thoughts on this.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Enyo

Post by Enyo »

TotalBurn wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:21 pm How do you feel about there being one raptor per side? I was thinking of swapping the cicada for a second raptor. I tried to model this similar to MB. 1 tank, 1 paladin at center, 1 bender etc. Would love your thoughts on this.
I'll let you know after I play it, but I'm never opposed to an extra variety of flyers. I feel like a lot of maps don't have enough of them.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Leave the Cicada. On this type of map it can be a key vehicle, especially with a gunner.
I'll upload the latest version from this thread to the server later today!
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Thanks Pooty! Really appreciate it. For everyone else here are links to download the soundtrack. Save the OGG to your unreal music folder.

DropBox | Google Drive | OneDrive