ONS-GanjasRoom

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: ONS-GanjasRoom

Post by McLovin »

captainsnarf wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:33 am Here is a video
I keep thinking this soundtrack was inspired by Rammstein.
pooty

Post by pooty »

A couple of thoughts:
1. Quad Jump
2. Move the middle node it looks like the all connect to it but 2/6 are direct connect. Offset it a bit so you can tell which links go where.
3. Maybe enlarge the tunnels to the middle room so you can get a scorpion through
4. Perhaps a upper level vent for raptor to go side to side.
5. Maybe use the lights/teleports from Masterbath...use the upper part of the map?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 pm A couple of thoughts:
1. Quad Jump
2. Move the middle node it looks like the all connect to it but 2/6 are direct connect. Offset it a bit so you can tell which links go where.
3. Maybe enlarge the tunnels to the middle room so you can get a scorpion through
4. Perhaps a upper level vent for raptor to go side to side.
5. Maybe use the lights/teleports from Masterbath...use the upper part of the map?
Thanks for the comments!

#1 and #3 are easy enough.

For #2, I think people will figure it out with time. Masterbath has the same issue but people understand what is connected. If I offset it the map will be asymmetric.

For #4, I was thinking of just removing the doors from the door frames in the hallway. That way there is a big path across the map.

For #5 there are a couple places you can get high ( :mrgreen: ) but I can add more.

Yeah, the music made me think of ramstein too ;) When I first heard it I was ready to hear some dude say du hast
pooty

Post by pooty »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:57 pm For #4, I was thinking of just removing the doors from the door frames in the hallway. That way there is a big path across the map.
I like those, its fun to camp the tank behind them and wait for the enemy to appear...it kind of makes the team have to use the tunnel to get around it...
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:57 pm
For #2, I think people will figure it out with time. Masterbath has the same issue but people understand what is connected. If I offset it the map will be asymmetric.

For #4, I was thinking of just removing the doors from the door frames in the hallway. That way there is a big path across the map.

For #5 there are a couple places you can get high ( :mrgreen: ) but I can add more.

Yeah, the music made me think of ramstein too ;) When I first heard it I was ready to hear some dude say du hast
#2, agree, leave it as is. It took me all of 2 sec to figure out which nodes it does and does not link to, even without the HUD working correctly.

#4, I agree with pooty here, leave the doors. They also make good obstacles to slow the flyers down a bit to keep them from dominating the small map layout. Imagine that, me suggesting something that slows flyers down. In contrast, MasterBath is a bit annoying sometimes in that flyers are constantly at the tub because there's nothing slowing them from getting there.

#5, definitely add a couple warps around the map that go from low to high, so to speak. :mrgreen:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here ONS-GanjasRoom_1.3.zip

Changes

- add quad jump
- widen tunnels in hallway so a scorpion can fit
- add vent holes at top of the hallway so a raptor can fit
- fix node half health rendering issue
- add net code to marlboro boxes (they have physics) so they work online.
- add minimap
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Why does this map take forever to load?
It started taking forever after I added collision to the dudes in the chairs

Without it you could fly a raptor inside the dude. I believe the engine pre-computes collision stuff which is what takes so long. I could probably simplify the collision but that's a pain in the ass also.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Holy Crap! That's a ton.

Eh, works well enough once it loads...not that big a deal IMO.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Maybe Im the only one, but the map loads the same as any other map. Could be my game settings, graphic card. I dunno, but no issues here. Love this map. It really breaks up the same old same old and gives me a chance to try new tactics and be more dynamic.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version! Download here ONS-GanjasRoom-v2.zip

changes:

Replaced the stoners with udamage

Added shelves and made the vent holes bigger. added jump pads and teleporters to get to shelves

made the teleporter route from 1->6 less direct

also increased the overall light brightness to make the level brighter