Titty Twister

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
TotalBurn

Titty Twister

Post by TotalBurn »

We can discuss the prospect of converting the DM Titty Twister here.

Initial edit to see where things stand. Mirrored map, edited terrain in center to flatten it out. Far from perfect but playable to get an idea. Map is full of holes.

Download here
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Titty Twister

Post by pooty »

Okay..way cool...finally got to load it up. Inside of the bars is sweet.
And those motorcycles should get replaced with BattleBikes (even though they are kind of buggy).

I do wonder if rotating them....I'd be cool to have the junkyard (behind the bars) somehow factor into play?
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:18 pm I'd be cool to have the junkyard (behind the bars) somehow factor into play?
My best idea is to put the cores down there and create some flat areas for players to spawn. Then jump pads launch you out of the pit to the ground level.

It would be a shame not to use them in some way since between the two sides it accounts for a chunk of real estate.
pooty

Post by pooty »

TotalBurn wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:57 pm
pooty wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:18 pm I'd be cool to have the junkyard (behind the bars) somehow factor into play?
My best idea is to put the cores down there and create some flat areas for players to spawn. Then jump pads launch you out of the pit to the ground level.

It would be a shame not to use them in some way since between the two sides it accounts for a chunk of real estate.
Maybe put the cores there and block them off, so to get to the core, you've got to fight through the bar. Maybe not block off completely, but make it difficult to go around the bars so the battle is in there as it should be...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:18 pm Okay..way cool...finally got to load it up. Inside of the bars is sweet.
And those motorcycles should get replaced with BattleBikes (even though they are kind of buggy).

I do wonder if rotating them....I'd be cool to have the junkyard (behind the bars) somehow factor into play?
BattleBikes! That's the first thing I thought too.

I think leaving the junkyard as just deco is ok too. Not sure what to do with it honestly.

Thanks for putting this together TotalBurn.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

pooty wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:20 pm Maybe put the cores there and block them off, so to get to the core, you've got to fight through the bar. Maybe not block off completely, but make it difficult to go around the bars so the battle is in there as it should be...
I can see that working. The battlefield between buildings isnt very big. If we could use the space in the bar and on the sides, outside that work out well.
captainsnarf wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:00 pm I think leaving the junkyard as just deco is ok too. Not sure what to do with it honestly.

Thanks for putting this together TotalBurn.
Mo problem! I enjoy it and it helps take up free time I otherwise dont know what to do with. Due to the complex nature of the pits/junk I think it would be better to leave em be like you said.

I also noticed a side effect from bringing the two map halves together. The junk/pit got extended and didnt move along with everything else. So I have to go back to the first version where there was a gap in-between the two maps. Like in the first screen shot I messaged.

So this week I am going to flatten the terrain in between the two maps and add a brush to fill the gap. Here is my logic for this flat strip. If there is something flat placed on the flat area it will be logical to the eye. It wont have sharp edges or a slope. I'll raise and lower the terrain in places to make it blend into the center strip. I can even raise/lower terrain in random places near the strip so it doesnt look like a long rectangle.

So let me work on that because without the two halves meeting we have nothing to work with. Like Pistola I dont want to take away from someone else so if you have an idea how to join the halves by all means. I dont want to be toe stepping :D
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

On the terrain edges it seems you could make them slope down

Code: Select all

~~~\              /~~~
    \            /
then put a brush between them

Code: Select all

~~~\ _______ /~~~
    \       /
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

captainsnarf wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm On the terrain edges it seems you could make them slope down
That would work perfectly!
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I've been trying all morning to edit this thing. It keeps crashing constantly for me. I'm not going to be able to do anything with this project.
TotalBurn

Post by TotalBurn »

Not sure why its crashing. I think the editor has a log. System\Editor.txt That might reveal whats crashing your editor. In the mean time I dont mind working on it. GuitarShop v3 is finished (not uploaded) and I think Hangar 18 just needs some containers added back to the map. So I have spare time.