Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

ONSPlusOmni

Post by captainsnarf »

Download here ONSPlusOmni_1.0.zip

Changes from ONSPlusv1.1beta31

- Remove all custom stock vehicles and related features. This simplifies some of the code.

This is a drop-in replacement for ONSPlusv1.1beta31 and uses the same configs.
pooty

Re: ONSPlusOmni

Post by pooty »

So this eliminates all the custom vehicle scoring eg. points for linking vehicles?

I've wondered if there was a way to code it so we can keep that scoring without "replacing"/recoding every vehicle..
Something like:
If (SVehicle being linked) and bHealPoints) then add to player score. I think it does replace LinkGun, and maybe then we only have to update link vehicles (eg. LinkTank, LinkBadger, GoatSucker, Wraith, Odin)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yes, bVehicleHealScore flag does nothing now and is not used.

Yeah, it might be better to go backwards from onslinkgun than try to re-code the vehicles. It's a lot of work though and not something I want to do. There will be bugs. people will say scoring is off. I don't want to spend my free time chasing that.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I'll take a look, I think its worth giving out points for linking occupied vehicles.... I think that's the dimension of scoring that's missing is teamwork, linking the mino presently gets you no points but can make a big difference in game play.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:23 pm I'll take a look, I think its worth giving out points for linking occupied vehicles.... I think that's the dimension of scoring that's missing is teamwork, linking the mino presently gets you no points but can make a big difference in game play.
Or linkatron linking snipertron. Someone good in the snipertron can end up 600+ pts on HSH, but the linkatron linking him the whole time gets no pts.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

New version, download here ONSPlusOmni_1.1.zip

changes

- add vehicle healing bonus points

ok, i couldn't resist lol

code is on github
pooty

Post by pooty »

Its on the server now (1.1).

Here's the config:

Code: Select all

[ONSPlus ONSPlusConfig_Mut]
bDropChecks=True
bSelectableExits=True
bNodeHealScoreFix=True
bVehicleHealScore=True
HealValueScore=100.000000
bVehicleDamageScore=False
DamageValueScore=5001.000000
bPallyShieldScore=True
PallyValueScore=600.000000
bNodeIsolateBonus=True
IsolateBonusPctPerNode=20
bAllowEnhancedRadar=True
bRestrictMissileLock=True
bDisablePreferredTeam=False
bDisablePlayerClass=False
bDisableVersionCheck=False
bDisableONSPlusTurrets=False
bDisablePreMatchTeamSwitch=True
bEnableCustomVehiclePlugins=True
bEnableWordFilter=False
bClientSendFilter=False
bFilterAdmin=False
MaxWordHits=5
MaxHitAction=HA_Kick
;MaxHitAction=HA_SessionBan
;MaxHitAction=HA_PermyBan
bFilterAdmin=False
bVehicleDistanceCheck=True
RespawnTimerDistance=2500.000000
DistanceCheckTimer=30
bRPGCompatible=False

[ONSPlus ONSPlusConfig_Player]
bDisableExitPointDisplay=False
bDisableSelectableExits=False
bDisableEnhancedRadarMap=False

[ONSPlus.ONSPlusMutator]
bDropChecks=True
bSelectableExits=True
bNodeHealScoreFix=True
bVehicleHealScore=True
bPallyShieldScore=True
PallyValueScore=600.000000
bNodeIsolateBonus=True
IsolateBonusPctPerNode=20
bAllowEnhancedRadar=True
bRestrictMissileLock=True
bDisablePreferredTeam=False
bDisablePlayerClass=False
bDisableVersionCheck=False
bDisableONSPlusTurrets=False
bDisablePreMatchTeamSwitch=True
bEnableWordFilter=False
bClientSendFilter=False
bFilterAdmin=False
MaxWordHits=5
MaxHitAction=HA_Kick
;MaxHitAction=HA_SessionBan
;MaxHitAction=HA_PermyBan
bFilterAdmin=False
bVehicleDistanceCheck=True
RespawnTimerDistance=2500.000000
DistanceCheckTimer=30
bRPGCompatible=False

Question, do we need the last paragraph or the first? There was even a section in the UT2004.ini which I removed...
This I think was an issue in the past.. which is the one we really need? Looks like the first only based on a quick look in the code.
I did delete the last block presently and looking at the ONSPlus GUI on server it looks right.
So I think we just need the two blocks in the ONSPlus.ini and nothing in the UT2004.ini file correct?

The other parameter that I had a question about was bDisablePreMatchTeamSwitch currently True. (This shows in the UI as AllowPreMatchSwitch = False) It might not matter as if you switch before the match, balancer is going to do its thing anyway. This was unchanged from how it was before.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I'm in the office today so can't check the code atm. I'm pretty sure only ONSPlus.ini is used by the mutator, not the ut2004.ini file. Prematch team switch won't affect new joins or the balancer.

these flags are not used anywhere now

bVehicleHealScore=True
bSelectableExits=True

No mod that I'm aware uses this plugin system

Vehicle heal points - you get 1 point for healing an occupied vehicle. I'm not sure where the threshold is but I think you need to heal > 50% to get the point. HealValueScore is not used.

Oh and there is a nifty feature where you can specify the color on the minimap for vehicle mods. Once I get familiar with that I wanted to update our vehicle mods so they show up on the minimap better. Maybe add different icons too? like triangle for fliers, square for tanks, etc.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Vehicle heal points - you get 1 point for healing an occupied vehicle. I'm not sure where the threshold is but I think you need to heal > 50% to get the point. HealValueScore is not used.

Oh and there is a nifty feature where you can specify the color on the minimap for vehicle mods. Once I get familiar with that I wanted to update our vehicle mods so they show up on the minimap better. Maybe add different icons too? like triangle for fliers, square for tanks, etc.
Ah so healing is always on regardless of the params? Could we leverage the ones there, so say every 100 pts healed you get a point or whatever? I mean to heal a mino 50% is like 1000 pts, and you rarely have that much link... Does the heal work with vehicles that heal?

And yes, the different shapes for vehicles would be cool...I rarely take the time to hover on the dots to see the name, just takes too long
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Ya know, I'm not sure if I used the config flag or not for vehicle healing. I'll need to check when I get home sorry.

If you get a point every 100 pts of healing then you could get 20 points for healing the mino. Seems a bit much. I think it needs to be based on the vehicle health to make sense not a constant like 100. Like you get 1 point for healing a vehicle, then multiply that by the vehicle default health / 1000. This way you'd get 2 points for the mino, 5 points for the levi, etc.

It does not work with the vehicles that heal. Its' a modification of the ONSPlusLinkGun.