Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: Misc Map Changes Thread..for little glitches and annoyances...

Post by pooty »

So ONSPlusOmni is now at 1.2 and bHealVehicleFixFlag=True

Also updated DJY-Randomizer to use the fixed Mino and Bio Tank.
pooty

Post by pooty »

- Points for using Link Nuke, right now you get 0 points for building the complete node. Not sure how we should score this, but should get some points for it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:52 am - Points for using Link Nuke, right now you get 0 points for building the complete node. Not sure how we should score this, but should get some points for it.
Should definitely get at least 3 or 4 pts. Haven't noticed, but do you get pts for destroying a node with it (typically a no no, emergency use only)?
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

So I tested this out (been a long time).

I got 2.5 points for shooting the node with a link nuke. I'll post a fix in the linknuke thread.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Junkyards - lower the 'zone kill Z' or whatever it's called or put a blocking volume up there. The Helix miniguns have a 20000 range. Shock rifle is 17000 range. It can fly higher than shock range and still shoot the nodes and players, but the players cant shoot back. It shouldn't be able to fly that high.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yeah I'll lower the StallZ (its in LevelInfo), or maybe a BV would work better. It does seem like some can get it that high and still see, for me if I am that high I can't see the ground well enough to shoot.

It also begs the question of should we keep Helix on DJY? I'd say keep it for sure on AJY as the vehicle mix is different, but not so sure on DJY, either remove it entirely or replace it with another weaker flyer.

But either way the ceiling is too high.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I think a BV might break the Pallas if/when it spawns on a randomizer. It won't be able to shoot that far since it will hit the BV. Lowering the StallZ would be better.

*edit* It might need both actually. If i recall correctly, the stallZ only affects throttle. You can't throttle more once you pass the StallZ, but the helix just keeps going up and up if you have enough momentum. I think this is what usually happens. You start throttling up, switch to the gunner seat, and it just keeps going up from the initial acceleration.
pooty

Post by pooty »

The other option is just change the helix's range. The dual minigun is pretty potent, maybe giving it a 15000 range would do the trick. This way it could fly high to sneak but it has to get lower and visible to shoot.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Need to fix the trickboard so that the player skin isn't swimming after using it...
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 pm Need to fix the trickboard so that the player skin isn't swimming after using it...
I spent a couple days trying and eventually gave up. It doesn't happen offline. Something wrong with the netcode but not sure what.