Moon Mines.

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Moon Mines.

Post by pooty »

So we've played it at least a couple times... V1-Beta2

Its been suggested to add low gravity, quad jump. Which I think is good.
I think adding VehicleStunts too and adding some boost scorps.
I also think maybe reducing the fog distance a bit-- meaning making it easier to see farther
There was also an issue with teleporters on the structures not putting you in the right spot (I can't claim responsibility -- I found the map and just edited it).
I think I need to give it a once over on vehicles, I found a stock hellbender (ick).
I think the Saucers outrun avrils, so maybe add batteries? Or maybe add a few battery pickups throughout the map?

Any other ideas? I was thinking of maybe adding a mech or two, but not sure where/how without tipping the balance.
Antoher idea was putting Dark Levis at each core, and maybe a Tiamat or Kraken, or Mech(s) at 3
Enyo

Re: Moon Mines.

Post by Enyo »

I like most suggestions you have, but not sure about changing the fog distance just yet. Blaster was nailing me several times from a long distance and I never even saw where he shot me from. Increasing the sight distance might make it nearly impossible to get around the dark rail tank. Not unless you also increase the ceiling height, which maybe could stand to be just a little bit higher anyway. Also found it kinda easy to get stuck on the invisible ceiling with the UFOs.

Adding battery backs is probably a necessity given the faster set of flyers. I would just replace the avrils with batteries.

Not sure on Mechs, would have to try them to really know. Snipertron/Shockatron, either would provide better anti air than what's currently available, but they could be a bit much with it that wide open. They might totally neutralize the flyers with the right driver, but then again all the flyers are pretty fast, so one of those might work. Linkatron would be fine I think, could be a good ground counterpart to the GOAT Sucker. Flakbot would get demolished by the flyers, same with Bombatron, Bio and Rocket mechs... I'd probably end up spending the whole match abducting them all with the Space Modulator.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

-SSR could be fun with the low grav.

-If it were me, I'd ditch all the flyers except the saucers. Then re-add them as it feels necessary. When we played tonight there seemed to be almost no point in getting in a tank.

-Small detail but the spawn locations/orientations compared to the weapon lockers was a bit confusing.

-I like having double damage available at every node.

-EONS scorpions could be a lot of fun with the terrain. Perhaps unrelated, but can we have those things recharge their boost quicker? Like just after you return to normal speed.
pooty

Post by pooty »

I did have fun with the Starbolt, it actually does a good job of killing saucers and goat sucker.

Not sure on raising the ceiling height, with the thick black fog, don't want the saucers to be invisible from the ground...

I can mod the EONS Scorps, might be worth increasing the damage a bit too. Shouldn't be too much work.

So here's the immediate list:
- Low Gravity
- Quad Jump
- Batteries at Weapon Lockers
- Fix the teleporters at nodes.
- Double check vehicle loadouts
- Add some EONS Scorps (possibly boost modded)
- Double check vehicles/balance.

To me the biggest thing was went enemy was building a primary it was hard to get there fast enough to slow it down/stop it.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:20 am To me the biggest thing was went enemy was building a primary it was hard to get there fast enough to slow it down/stop it.
Can't believe I'm actually suggesting this... but the GOAT sucker should probably be replaced with the Linkatron mech instead. The Goat Sucker just kinda overruns the map save for the occasional rail tank hit. As much fun as I have in that flyer, it doesn't really feel like it belongs on the map, and I honestly prefer the Space Modulator on this one with all the open abduction terrain. Making that switch would slow down the super fast action enough for the tanks to actually get somewhere, and would probably also fix the issue you mentioned.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Create this class. I called mine 'KNetActor'. Add an instance of it to your map. Change the static mesh to be a rock from the moon scape. Now copy/paste it around the map.

These rocks move when hit and can be abducted by the ufo also.
pooty

Post by pooty »

These rocks move when hit and can be abducted by the ufo also.
Like the rocks in bionynx?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Yeah, something like that! I forgot about those.

This one is the same as the marlboro boxes on ganjasroom. They don't float in the air like on bionyx but they are something you can knock around. I think the rocks on bionyx are movers.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

Cool I didn’t know you could have movable terrain/objects in this game
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:49 am Cool I didn’t know you could have movable terrain/objects in this game
Me either! :) I was playing around with the Q-36 saucer on the original DM-Ganjas-Room and was very surprised to see the abduction beam suck up all the marlboro boxes. But then it didn't work on the server. That's when I found the replication stuff for KActors and got it working online also.

You can have a pretty large number of KActors in a map, but it will need to be restricted for maps that work online since they are all sending network updates about their positions. I think there is about 30 on ONS-GanjasRoom.