Mass Destruction

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Mass Destruction

Post by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH »

I strongly disagree with the recent MAS swap-out. I know I'm the one who does all the spamming, but those vehicles are a pretty integral part of this map (holding the center nodes, keeping flyers off your half of the map, "get the tiamat down so we can start 1/2"). And if they're too hard to kill, spec the people who know how to easily do it with the Bio Bomber, OMFG gun, Nuke, Omega etc. This edit is like getting rid of the tank on MasterBath.
Enyo

Re: Mass Destruction

Post by Enyo »

I think it was just a reduction down to one MAS instead of 3 wasn't it? I mean, come on, 3 is a bit much. It's because of the stupid constant MAS spamming that there is no real fight at all over the middle. It's a constant fight over killing the nonstop reapawning levis.

And it's much easier said than done to just fly over there and kill the MAS, that's only if you can get thru the gauntlet of rail tanks, mino lasers, hurricane lasers, Mega lasers, Troop Carrier lasers, wyvern lasers, Starbolt lasers and turret lasers on a completely wide open map.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

So Mobreaker to Shocker (no big deal there)
Pallas to Dark Levi (should improve gameplay since the Pallas in the wide open area with its homing missles can lag the server)
Hospitaler stayed.
So the real change was Kraken to Tiamat.

But given there's link flyer, two link badgers, and two link turrets on the Hospitaler (it can't link itself)... should be enough to keep one of them alive for 1/2 suppression.

Lets see how it plays out. All too often a skilled Kraken driver would win the map if the team doesn't coordinate....
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

Good change. The laser tank and rail gunners have to do a better job at covering the MAS now and the MAS operator has to hit his shots more consistently. Changes like these move the skill line further and is good for the game.