Randomizer Revisited...

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps. Also for any Mappers who have questions.
pooty
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Randomizer Revisited...

Post by pooty »

So we've got a few Randomizer maps and they are pretty popular.

Topic 1.
I've been thinking of revisiting the Randomizer algorithm. Right now it uses a point system as part of the vehicle assignment, basically each node/core pair is assigned a point value and it fills based on points... so you don't end up with 37 minos. (Each vehicle can be tagged as unique so there's only one pair per map). So its not truly random....

I've thought about, from Enyo's dislike of the slow TMU style randomizer (DJY, MinusTMU Randomizer) which are light on flyers, that it might be worth expanding the randomizer functionality, to perhaps classify categories of vehicles Ground, Flying, MAS, or even break out the Ground into sub categories and then be able to have a bit more control over what gets placed where, so you could have a node say that gets 3 ground, 1 flyer so you'd always get at least 1 random flyer.

Spawn points for vehicles are called a Factory.
Today you can make a ForcedVehicleFactory -- that always spawns same vehicle on randomizer map.
There's also a Random Vehicle Factory which select a vehicle from a list for just that Factory. So you could have a node say center node on TAL, that could spawn 1 of 5 MAS variants...

Hmmm I wonder if I can make the generic Randomizer ignore Random Vehicle Factories, like it does Forced ones...

Topic 2
Vehicles on Randomizers. So a few vehicles might need to be removed from the Randomizers:
- Mega Spanker (I think this is done but have to check)
- Spanker ? I think its best just to increase the point value and its already unique

Any others?
Some I know are less popular, and I've already removed things like stock bender, scorp, Goliaths. But any that truly need to be deleted.
captainsnarf

Re: Randomizer Revisited...

Post by captainsnarf »

Mega spanker really only makes sense on mega arena where it has the other megas to balance it.

Regular spanker is definitely a powerful vehicle already. That's why it has the fancy paint job.

I understand Xexx's complaint. I wouldn't say delete it, but it could use more nerfing. I think I killed him 3 times in a row, each time he was in a good vehicle also. Didn't matter. He got spanked out of it. I think the alt fire interval should be longer. It's .75 right now. It should probably be more like 2.0+. That way it's not so spammy.
pooty

Re: Randomizer Revisited...

Post by pooty »

So I updated the Randomizer maps and removed the MegaSpanker. I also increased the spawn times on the regular spanker and increased its point value... I think its 80s at nodes...so if you do kill it you don't have to contend with it right away. I think it makes sense to reduce the ROF on it...I don't know about 2.0+ but maybe try 1.5? Or maybe you get 2 shots then 3 second recharge?