UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
captainsnarf
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by captainsnarf »

If it makes your aim better, it only does so by helping your practice by giving feedback. You do still have to aim correctly. I think a lot of players on our server could use the feedback ;) It could almost be considered an accessibility feature.
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 am If it makes your aim better, it only does so by helping your practice by giving feedback. You do still have to aim correctly. I think a lot of players on our server could use the feedback ;) It could almost be considered an accessibility feature.
Accessibility feature... ROFL!!! That's perfect!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
Super Sanka

Post by Super Sanka »

captainsnarf wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 am If it makes your aim better, it only does so by helping your practice by giving feedback. You do still have to aim correctly. I think a lot of players on our server could use the feedback ;) It could almost be considered an accessibility feature.
I still aim with my wrist :lol: . Also it's funny how certain players still cry about "botting" . There are 3 that come to mind that are regulars (not including joe who is acting)
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Super Sanka wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:29 pm I still aim with my wrist :lol: . Also it's funny how certain players still cry about "botting" . There are 3 that come to mind that are regulars (not including joe who is acting)
They complain about botting, and democrats. Go figure :lol:

Can we try UTComp please please please?!
pooty

Post by pooty »

And is it just HitSounds we want UTComp for?

Let me tell you the HitSounds with FireTanks and Bio is pretty damn annoying it screeches in your ear for several seconds. Not in favor of hit sounds myself...IMO it encourages spamming and hitting when you can't see the target(s). Right now the only thing that does that is nodes.
pooty

Post by pooty »

Ok hit sounds aside... here's some goodies with it, anything else that would make it worthwhile?

-NetCode fixes
-Spectators with admin rights can now call new votes and participate in voting.
-Fixed bug which made it impossible for spectators to switch players and move around after a quick map restart. [Had this happen to me a few times]
-Clock now keeps going in overtime [This would work nice with the way we have scoring setup...instead of 0:00 we'd see timer]

https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.p ... le&id=1182

I don't think we'd want voting on all the different settings, just pick something and stick with it from a server admin perspective.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Hmm, I can probably make a 'UTCompOmni' that doesn't do hit sounds on vehicles, or just a single hit sound instead spamming sounds like firetank and bio. I'll see what I can do.

I've been busy with improvements to the mechs. So far I have:
- dodge jump for mechs
- animation fixes / less glitchy
- fix armortron aim
- fix snipertron emitter litter
- make mechs stand on ground better (they kind of float now)

It has netcode problems but once that's fixed it's done. After that I'll try my hand at UTCompOmni. Also working on ONS-Grotto. :lol: too much UT
pooty

Post by pooty »

I wonder if the latest there has some vehicle related stuff, or perhaps can turn it off?
Improved CPMA-style hitsounds
Added support for custom hitsounds
Added hitsound volume control
Maybe those could be set to not do hit sounds with vehicles, or make them so you get 1 ping and not continuous.
Anonymous.

Post by Anonymous. »

captainsnarf wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:19 pm Hmm, I can probably make a 'UTCompOmni' that doesn't do hit sounds on vehicles, or just a single hit sound instead spamming sounds like firetank and bio. I'll see what I can do.

It has netcode problems but once that's fixed it's done. After that I'll try my hand at UTCompOmni. Also working on ONS-Grotto. :lol: too much UT
That would be very nice. Maybe we'll see some more non-US players.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

I downloaded 1.7a Final from the link above. Tried running the batchexport commandlet. It left a bunch of mostly empty files :( The author used the trick where export doesn't work (like onsplus)

Luckily the full source is on github :D

It should be pretty simple to make it not make sounds when hitting vehicles. Only a couple lines need changing. The main problem is ONSPlus - both ONSPlus and UTComp replace the link gun with their custom version :cry: :cry: :cry: That will not be easy to reconcile. The easiest way would probably be to leave the ONSPlus link gun alone and have UTCompOmni not include any changes to the link gun. Maybe just add some hit sounds to ONSPlus link gun and not include the other utcomp changes like net code.