Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by pooty »

Its on the server.
I did update the netspeeds to
MinNetSpeed=10001
MaxNetSpeed=20000

10001 will unlock the FPS cap, and 20000 is plenty....otherwise lots of packets and potential for packetloss, I think there's another setting that caps the server anyway though.

Here's the new command line:

Code: Select all

ONS-RandomCrashMap.ut2?Translocator=False?Gamestats=True?Mutator=UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,ONSPlusOmni.ONSPlusMutator,CSBadgerFix.MutBadgerFix,CSVehiclePack.MutSnarfVehiclePack,Zound55.Zound,UTCompOmni.MutUTComp,EvenMatchOmni.MutTeamBalance?MaxPlayers=32
I did not add UTCompOmni to serverpackages, I don't think its needed.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Welp, it's fucked. Remove it please.

I could not shoot the enemy players! wth
pooty

Post by pooty »

Removed.

I couldn't dodge.
Node thing seemed fixed, though.
No enhanced scoreboard (I think we turned it off)
pooty

Post by pooty »

Warning: NewNet_RocketMultiFire ONS-RandomCrashMap.NewNet_RocketLauncher.NewNet_RocketMultiFire2 (Function UTCompOmni.NewNet_RocketMultiFire.PlayFiring:001F) Accessed None 'NetMode'
Warning: NewNet_RocketMultiFire ONS-RandomCrashMap.NewNet_RocketLauncher.NewNet_RocketMultiFire2 (Function UTCompOmni.NewNet_RocketMultiFire.PlayFiring:001F) Accessed None 'NetMode'
Were you using the rockets?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

Nope, I was using shock at the time, on RandomCrashMap (spambox). I was shooting the enemy but he just stood there, no damage, didn't shoot back. I could shoot the vehicles but not players. On the next map it seemed to be working, but I couldn't dodge.

Here is a new version in an attempt to fix the dodge issue.

*edit* CRAP, VEHICLE HIT SOUNDS are not working now :( wtf

After much review of both mutators, this is going to take a lot of work to make them work together successfully. I was hoping it would be simple and I didn't notice the issues when testing before, but now I see a lot of problems trying to make them work together. I'll see what I can do.
pooty

Post by pooty »

After much review of both mutators, this is going to take a lot of work to make them work together successfully. I was hoping it would be simple and I didn't notice the issues when testing before, but now I see a lot of problems trying to make them work together. I'll see what I can do.
Well let's see what did we really want from UTComp? I think hitsounds, maybe brightskins and enhanced netcode. The rest can go. However, is it the enhanced netcode that's the issue?

Also, I noticed it had some configs for what appeared to be custom scoring in CTF:

CapBonus=5
FlagKillBonus=3
CoverBonus=4
SealBonus=4
GrabBonus=0
MinimalCapBonus=5
BaseReturnBonus=0.500000
MidReturnBonus=2.000000
EnemyBaseReturnBonus=5.000000
CloseSaveReturnBonus=10.000000
Does that help us give extra points for node building/destruction etc.

So for me the priority would be:
1. Custom Player onslaught scoring (more points for nodes) -- is this a UTComp or something else?
2. NetCode
3. HitSounds
4. Brightskins

There are other Hitsounds mutators I believe.

But if the NetCode is part of the issue, that going to be more of a pain, not sure how much effort its worth. I notice none of the other ONS server (CEONSS, DW:SV, RMD) run UTComp
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

the netcode is not the problem, not really. Both mutators are overriding the input mechanism of the game. This is why dodge was broken.

They both draw a HUD. I removed the HUD from UTComp as we don't really care about the custom crosshairs. I also removed the custom scoreboard. This partially fixed the issue where you couldn't see the vehicles at spawn points when trying to go to nodes. If you switched teams however, you could no longer see the vehicle dots on the minimap. I fixed that by making the xPlayer class in UTComp derive from the xPlayer class in ONSPlus. That made UTComp depend on ONSPlus, but unfortunately that caused the dodge issue, and probably some others that we didn't find yet.

Instead of trying to make them compatible, it might be better and easier to make one mutator that combines the features of both. UTComp is definitely more complex (and better written) that ONSPlus so I'll probably start with UTComp and then add features of ONSPlus that we want.

All of the CTF changes from UTComp are only applicable when the game is a CTF game. There is special code for each game type in UTComp, including ONS.

For ONSPlus, I believe we want:
- linking bonus so players linking players when healing a node also get some points
- node isolation bonus
- enhanced radar so you can see the vehicles at each node when warping to nodes

other features of ONSPlus that I don't think we are using are
- selectable vehicle exits (only works for stock vehicles)
- vehicle healing points
- vehicle damage points
- disable preferred team (already handled by EvenMatchOmni)
- blacklisted player names (admins just kick them when we see them)

I also found a bunch of config options with no implementation. These settings do nothing.

- Paladin shield points (points for blocking stuff, this is not implemented)
- vehicle drop checks - enable/disable exiting if too high in a vehicle (this is not implemented )
- vehicle distance checks (not implemented)
- restrict missile locks (not implemented)
and a few other things I don't feel like listing out :)

So hopefully it should be some minor changes to UTComp.
pooty

Post by pooty »

So we are using, and do want vehicle healing points. Right now you should get 1pt for 100 health healed of an occupied vehicle. I think the limitation was it only worked on stock vehicles (eg. the replaced ONS vehicle classes in ONSPlus). This would be great to have on all vehicles... if you spend 2 minutes linking your team's mino that should be worth points. Seems like we should be able to do this for all vehicles without having to put in each vehicle? Can we do it in LinkGun replacement?

I'd love selectable exits if it worked....but again I think this has to be implemented on a per vehicle basis....which we could do but that's a lot of code to touch..

Shield points would be cool too for damage absorbed.. guarding a node with Turtle absorbing 5000 pts of damage gets you 0 pts. But if its not implemented not sure how we'd do it. We really only have a few vehicles here worth adding it to (Aegis, Turtle, EONS Crusader, DarkPaladin)
Enyo

Post by Enyo »

pooty wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:21 pm So we are using, and do want vehicle healing points. Right now you should get 1pt for 100 health healed of an occupied vehicle. I think the limitation was it only worked on stock vehicles (eg. the replaced ONS vehicle classes in ONSPlus). This would be great to have on all vehicles... if you spend 2 minutes linking your team's mino that should be worth points. Seems like we should be able to do this for all vehicles without having to put in each vehicle? Can we do it in LinkGun replacement?

I'd love selectable exits if it worked....but again I think this has to be implemented on a per vehicle basis....which we could do but that's a lot of code to touch..

Shield points would be cool too for damage absorbed.. guarding a node with Turtle absorbing 5000 pts of damage gets you 0 pts. But if its not implemented not sure how we'd do it. We really only have a few vehicles here worth adding it to (Aegis, Turtle, EONS Crusader, DarkPaladin)
And, of course we want building nodes to be worth a little more before doing any of this, right? I think that more than anything will help the balancer out.

Getting points for healing friendly vehicles and holding a shield would be nice, but the scoring should be kept low. Otherwise, someone like Coldcut could end up with a high score from linking a mino but never go to a node. And I wouldn't worry at all about selectable exits, hardly anyone would use it... half the players here don't even dodge jump.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
pooty

Post by pooty »

Yes, getting node points upped is the first, highest priority. Its all in the same mutator that snarf is working on.

I like heal points, as its team work, maybe 1 pt for linking 300-500 health on an occupied vehicle or something, nothing huge though, so healing a mino with 100 health to 2000 pts would get you 3-5 pts. Most likely, you won't have a fully depleted vehicle and limited Key is vehicle has to be occupied (team play). Like now, if you have link badger and spend the round linking you team's mino that's got to be worth something vs. just lobbing avrils. Same with Shield points. I am all for giving points for team play as well as node play.

But changes secondary to node point increases, some of those are nice to have, but the node scoring is a must have IMO.