UTComp

Discuss and provide feedback on Maps.
McLovin
Server Sponsor: Yes
Server Admin: Yes

Re: UTComp

Post by McLovin »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:53 am MaxIdleTime is 45. I'll set it to 180 (3 minutes), for now, lets see how that plays.
F'n great. Everybody sitting idle reading UTComp menus and nobody playing. Sounds fun.
pooty

Post by pooty »

If they are idle during a loaded server match they can still be warned and kicked by admins if they aren't helping their team. I know we've got a bunch of shy admins around here but I think its worth giving the extra time, since it will kick you even on empty server... And there will be a bit of learning curve as people figure it out and in a few weeks it likely won't be much of an issue.

And now I have time to grab a beer and not get booted :lol:
pooty

Post by pooty »

- Add 'SetPreferredExit' command (from ONSPlus) for vehicles
Does that work for all the vehicles or just a select few?
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:53 am MaxIdleTime is 45. I'll set it to 180 (3 minutes), for now, lets see how that plays.

1.29 is on the server.
Thanks, Pooty & Snarf - this only needs to be temporary. Maybe update the MOTD in game to tell players that they need to set their UT Comp settings if they wish since the increased time has been allowed. Give a week timeframe or so and then change it back to what it was before.

Thanks again.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

McLovin wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:55 am
F'n great. Everybody sitting idle reading UTComp menus and nobody playing. Sounds fun.
Jesus' Fuck McLovin, Its only temporary. I have experience with UT comp and 45 seconds wasn't even enough for me to adjust my settings - think of how the general OMNI population as most have probably never seen UT comp before so they'll need more time to adjust settings. Again, only temporary.
Last edited by Terminator on Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:58 am If they are idle during a loaded server match they can still be warned and kicked by admins if they aren't helping their team. I know we've got a bunch of shy admins around here but I think its worth giving the extra time, since it will kick you even on empty server... And there will be a bit of learning curve as people figure it out and in a few weeks it likely won't be much of an issue.

And now I have time to grab a beer and not get booted :lol:
QFT
pooty

Post by pooty »

I think with the user group here, any idle players tend to get pointed out pretty quickly -- I know Azazel often whines about it.. and its like the match just started, and maybe they are coming back from the fridge/bathroom etc.

If we end up with a bunch of idlers in a few weeks we can change it back, or there's usually at least one admin on to monitor. Its not like we are getting a bunch of new players idling the server.. I think its less of an issue now than it was 10 years ago.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I was able to play around with UTComp for a while today. I spectated a game that had not started yet, and I sat there for a very long time and didn't get booted while I played with UTComp menus/options. Haven't really found anything I absolutely need or want in UTComp. Any suggestions? Now I've got a completely goofed up UTComp and just want to turn it completely off and back to default. How do I do that?
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

You can delete the UTCompOmni.ini file in your system folder. It will get recreated and go back to defaults.
captainsnarf

Post by captainsnarf »

pooty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:08 am
- Add 'SetPreferredExit' command (from ONSPlus) for vehicles
Does that work for all the vehicles or just a select few?
It works for all vehicles :D